Hair got in the precious blood

I just went to communion at Mass. Before I received the precious blood, a piece of my hair hanging in my face, but I didn’t push it away before I drank from the cup. I don’t know why I didn’t push it away–my thought was to concentrate on receiving the precious blood–not on messing with my hair, I guess. Anyway, as I drank the precious blood, my hair actually touched the wine! I didn’t know what to do and I as I went to sit down I felt sick inside. After Mass I rushed to talk to the priest, and he said everything was okay. He said there was nothing in my hair. But I don’t know if he actually understood my hair touched the precious blood. Do I need to go to Confession now? What do I do? I feel sick inside!

[quote="Veronica97, post:1, topic:296567"]
I just went to communion at Mass. Before I received the precious blood, a piece of my hair hanging in my face, but I didn't push it away before I drank from the cup. I don't know why I didn't push it away--my thought was to concentrate on receiving the precious blood--not on messing with my hair, I guess. Anyway, as I drank the precious blood, my hair actually touched the wine! I didn't know what to do and I as I went to sit down I felt sick inside. After Mass I rushed to talk to the priest, and he said everything was okay. He said there was nothing in my hair. But I don't know if he actually understood my hair touched the precious blood. Do I need to go to Confession now? What do I do? I feel sick inside!

[/quote]

Hi, You did nothing wrong since it was accidental. Please relax and don't feel guilty about it.

The scary thing is I knew it was about to happen (or happening) and I didn’t stop drinking. I let my hair get in the precious blood. It was kind of like I didn’t know what to do and it all happened so fast.

I would recommend to wash your hair inside a bowl or some other container and pour the water by a tree or a plant.

[size=]I saw an old post where someone thought she might have gotten her bangs in the precious blood and someone told her to dip a cloth in a bowl of clean water and wipe her hair, then rinse the cloth in the clean water and pour the water it in the ground. Maybe I shouldn't have used a cloth? The cloth is drying on a towel rack now. What do I do with the cloth when it dries?[/size]

[quote="Veronica97, post:5, topic:296567"]
[size=]I saw an old post where someone thought she might have gotten her bangs in the precious blood and someone told her to dip a cloth in a bowl of clean water and wipe her hair, then rinse the cloth in the clean water and pour the water it in the ground. Maybe I shouldn't have used a cloth? The cloth is drying on a towel rack now. What do I do with the cloth when it dries?[/size]

[/quote]

Just to be safe, probably thoroughly wash the cloth outside on the ground. (Dirt)

Oh hon, it was a mistake. I once spilled the chalice down the front of my dress! If this happens in the future, what you can do is rinse your hair out and catch the water in a bowl or bucket, and use it over your garden. I believe that's the answer the apologist gave in regards to precious blood on ones clothes, which I assume would be the same thing.

Additionally, the same answer remarked that once the precious blood has dried, it no longer contains it's miraculous properties, and the stain befores simply wine again. Rewet the rag, dry it outside if you can.

Just to be safe, probably thoroughly wash the cloth outside on the ground. (Dirt)

I just did this but the first time when I rinsed the cloth and my hands in a bowl I dried my hands on a piece of paper towel and threw it in the trash. Now I've just gotten the paper towel out of the trash (or at least what I think was the paper towel.) What do I do with that? I am an emotional wreck now!

[quote="Veronica97, post:3, topic:296567"]
The scary thing is I knew it was about to happen (or happening) and I didn't stop drinking. I let my hair get in the precious blood. It was kind of like I didn't know what to do and it all happened so fast.

[/quote]

Remember, mistakes, and "not thinking fast enough" are not something that can make us guilty of sin. In fact, I'd almost say your intense focus on recieving shows that your heart was in a lot better place than many of us. Oh how many times I've gone up to recieve, still trying to beat stupid song lyrics out of my head :knight2:

[quote="Veronica97, post:8, topic:296567"]

I just did this but the first time when I rinsed the cloth and my hands in a bowl I dried my hands on a piece of paper towel and threw it in the trash. Now I've just gotten the paper towel out of the trash (or at least what I think was the paper towel.) What do I do with that? I am an emotional wreck now!

[/quote]

If you used it to dry your hands after rinsing, I very sincerely doubt that there was any blood left. If there was, it was only a trace. Give it another rinse, if you're feeling anxious about it, but after that, I wouldn't worry about there still being any blood on it.

...Now I've just gotten the paper towel out of the trash (or at least what I think was the paper towel.) What do I do with that?

[/quote]

Put it back in the trash. Please be at peace. You do not need to confess, you do not need to wash outside. Take your regular shower inside your shower.

I'm just kind of obsessing about everything I've touched now... the doorknobs, even my computer mouse.

[quote="Veronica97, post:12, topic:296567"]
I'm just kind of obsessing about everything I've touched now... the doorknobs, even my computer mouse.

[/quote]

Do you have a priest or a counsellor you can talk to?

[/quote]

I'm sure at this point your OK. Just put the paper towel back into the trash. You did all you could and I am sure Jesus understands.

I hate to be blunt about this, but, you are working you are getting way too worked up about this.

It was an innocent accident, it was not intentional, it was not a mortal sin.

You have done what is necessary, with great care, to resolve the accident.

You spoke to the priest, he told you there was no problem, let it go.

[quote="twopekinguys, post:15, topic:296567"]
I hate to be blunt about this, but, you are working you are getting way too worked up about this.

It was an innocent accident, it was not intentional, it was not a mortal sin.

You have done what is necessary, with great care, to resolve the accident.

You spoke to the priest, he told you there was no problem, let it go.

[/quote]

amen

[quote="Veronica97, post:12, topic:296567"]

[/quote]

Do you do this after receiving in your hand? Because the same kind of obsessing could be done about getting a microscopic particle of the Body on your hand...what are you going to touch after that...etc. etc. until you drive yourself crazy! Please do not think about this any more! You did nothing wrong.

Thank you all. I know that I did brush my hair out of my face several times after I sat down in the pew. I didn't feel anything, but what if I spread the blood of Jesus everywhere after that? On the pew? On the car handle? The priest didn't seem too concerned. He knows that I can be scrupulous, but still this is a serious issue. I know I didn't mean anything bad by it. In fact right before I took the cup I said in my head, "I love you Jesus." So my LAST desire was to desecrate His precious Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity! Also it looked like the Eucharistic Minister had a frown on her face and she looked into the cup several times like she knew my hair had gone down in the cup. I will try to trust in the Mercy of Jesus.

[quote="Veronica97, post:18, topic:296567"]
Thank you all. I know that I did brush my hair out of my face several times after I sat down in the pew. I didn't feel anything, but what if I spread the blood of Jesus everywhere after that? On the pew? On the car handle? The priest didn't seem too concerned. He knows that I can be scrupulous, but still this is a serious issue. I know I didn't mean anything bad by it. In fact right before I took the cup I said in my head, "I love you Jesus." So my LAST desire was to desecrate His precious Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity! Also it looked like the Eucharistic Minister had a frown on her face and she looked into the cup several times like she knew my hair had gone down in the cup. I will try to trust in the Mercy of Jesus.

[/quote]

You know, with the oils and conditioners in hair, it's likely you got nothing more than the tiniest damp from the blood, which would have dried too soon to be an issue.

[quote="Veronica97, post:1, topic:296567"]
I just went to communion at Mass. Before I received the precious blood, a piece of my hair hanging in my face, but I didn't push it away before I drank from the cup. I don't know why I didn't push it away--my thought was to concentrate on receiving the precious blood--not on messing with my hair, I guess. Anyway, as I drank the precious blood, my hair actually touched the wine! I didn't know what to do and I as I went to sit down I felt sick inside. After Mass I rushed to talk to the priest, and he said everything was okay. He said there was nothing in my hair. But I don't know if he actually understood my hair touched the precious blood. Do I need to go to Confession now? What do I do? I feel sick inside!

[/quote]

You can either wash your hair three times without soap in a bowl of water (3 separate times with clean water) and dump the water each time in a garden. Or, if it was just a small lock at the end of your hair tip, you could cut that portion off and bury it in the garden.

Ask a priest, but I believe that is the appropriate "protocol."

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.