Haiti earthquake: voodoo high priest claims aid monopolised by Christians

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/centralamericaandthecaribbean/haiti/7119572/Haiti-earthquake-voodoo-high-priest-claims-aid-monopolised-by-Christians.html

Haiti’s voodoo high priest has claimed believers have been discriminated against by evangelical Christians who are monopolising aid sent to the earthquake-stricken country…more

"The evangelicals are in control and they take everything for themselves," he claimed. "They have the advantage that they control the airport where everything is stuck. They take everything they get to their own people and that's a shame. Everyone is suffering the same and has the same needs. We are not asking for anything more than anyone else. We're just asking for it to be fair."

I wonder what we can do as Christians to act as ONE in a time of world crisis such as this. :(

Actually, the military is largely the ones in charge of the whole shebang, they are the only ones qualified in this crisis. It’s poor taste to pretend it’s even possible to discriminate based upon religion of any kind, people need aid and we are getting it to them as fast as humanly possible.

This seems to be a foolish statement made by a person deperate for help. Help is not getting to anyone fast enough and now the blame game will begin. Logically there is no way for anyone to decern who is a Christian and who is a pagan. Are they wearing signs? No. this is just desperation and everyone is doing thier very best to provide it. This is a situation where no one is to blame. We are to work together. If voodoo priests would help with distribution, then I am sure he would see that Everyone is doing everything humanly possible and no one is being left out because of pagan beliefs. It would certainly be a poor way to gain converts so the his assumtions are not very well thought. On the other hand…if his followers are abandoning the paganism and turning to Our Lord in this time of crisis…I can see why he would be upset and make as many baseless claims as possible. Hard to fill his coffers he has fewer followers. As I hear, it many of the Catholics on Haiti are weak in the faith and often turn to voodoo to supplement thier spiritual wants. Maybe this earthquake has strengthened thier faith.

Have you been there after the earthquake? I agree that it's poor taste if your ascertion is correct, but it would be poor taste for others to give help to Christians first before helping those who participate in voodoo. Unless, we're there, we can't say either ascertion is correct.

[quote=mintavia, post:4, topic:185345"]
...We are to work together. If voodoo priests would help with distribution, then I am sure he would see that Everyone is doing everything humanly possible and no one is being left out because of pagan beliefs....

[/quote]

The voodoo priest claims that they aren't working together. The voodoo priest could very well be misinformed, but it wouldn't surprise me if "Christians" are helping their own and not helping everyone who is in need. There are Christians who believe that the Hatian's who aren't Christian deserve what they are getting and that their mission is to help those who are followers of Christ only. I pray this is not being manifested to any large extent down there with the rescue mission.

Haiti and they founders, in addition of killing many white french men, they made a pact with the devil and it´s the unique nation enthronized to the devil. And now, without a Catholic Archbishop, a catholic national funeral isn´t made, it´s sad for the future of catholicism and all the christian life.
Vodoo have to be stopped and the catholics have to make something.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.