Half-kneeling / half sitting during the Consecration..

Hello, just wondering what you thought of people who "half-knelt (or half-sat) during the Consecration. How do you feel when people do it?

I know that what matters is our inner disposition of the heart, but just wondering if this was wrong?

I figure they have some issues that prevent them ftom kneeling completely.

Yes, this is my thought as well.

If you can kneel, kneel. If you can’t, don’t worry.

I don’t really think it’s that big of a deal. :shrug:

What do you care? If you’re looking at other people you certainly are not looking at Our Blessed Lord Jesus Christ in the Eucharist at that time are you?

To steal a phrase from Pope Francis, “Who am I to judge?”

Does it occur to you that the person may have knee or back issues or just may not be strong enough to maintain that position the whole time? try thinking with some compassion and not judging at Mass which is not what any of us are there for.

I happen to have osteoarthritis in my right knee and when it acts up I often take that position which allows me to at least kneel when I need to. I have some friends who can’t even do that much at Mass. Are the defective Catholics for it?

Pay attention to the altar and Our Lord and get off the scrupulous train…:doh2:

We should not be judging others at Mass. We should never even take notice of whether they are kneeling, sitting, what they are wearing, etc…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.