Halloween Costumes

I wasn’t sure where to put this topic but I figured there would be some good ideas on here.
I’m looking for ideas of appropriate Halloween costumes. My friend (we’re females) are looking to dress up and we’ve had a hard time deciding. We’d like something modest but also recognizeable. I do have about a month and I’ll be (along with my mom) the one making or putting together the costumes.
It doesn’t have to be a “pair” necessarily.

I frequent thrift stores and diy tutorials for this sort of thing!

Last year, 3 of us went as Robin Hood, Little John, and Lady Marian which was cool! I was Rey from Star Wars one year, a Jedi Palawan another, I think I was the Wicked Witch of the West 2 times, Dorothy another time, and little fairy-like characters or things in the past among other things.

I’m not against dressing as a male character although I’d prefer to be a female one!

These are just some random ideas:

• Mary Poppins and Bert/chimney sweep
  • I just got into the Phantom of the Opera, thinking maybe the Phantom and Christine? (You have to admit that the PTO’s mask is awesome)
  • Cat in the Hat and things 1&2
  • LEGO minifigures

My family doesn’t celebrate Halloween. But the costumes that are the most popular in our area are Disney princesses and Marvel superheroes.

You could continue the ‘Wizard of Oz’ theme, and go as a very feminine scarecrow, and your friend could be either the cowardly lioness or the tin [wo]man…

Nuns? (ten characters)

I think we just decided on being a Dunkin’ Donuts coffee and a donut!

My pregnant wife is going to be space with a planet belly, my daughter is going to be an astronaut, and I’m going to be an alien.

@Thrstypirate That’s so cute!!

Another idea in general for those that don’t plan on dressing up. Wear your normal clothes and say you’re a werewolf. When people object, ask if they see a full moon.

Lol, that’s actually not very modest to some. She obviously is not wearing a slip because you can see her legs right through the potato sack. :scream:

If there is still three of you dressing up, might I suggest Snap, Crackle, and Pop?

Unfortunately the third friend won’t be with us. That’s a cute suggestion though! Thanks!

Football players - Army and Navy

I think I may consider that for next year if I can get a third person to join us! :smiley:

You know, if I ever get a chance to dress up on Halloween, I would be a plague doctor. Not sure if it is to your liking, but, at least it’s modest and recognizable.

Children’s TV and movies is always good. Minions, Pokemon, Incredibles, Wreak-it-Ralph, Curious George, etc.

This year I am tasked with costuming:
6yr old: person riding an ostrich
5yr old: the Goblin King from the Labyrinth
3yr old: a mouse
1yr old: St. Therese because she can’t suggest anything

I did that one year. No one in the bar knew I was female.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.