hallucinations

please pray for a good friends elderly mother who has got an infection and her meds are giving her bad hallucinations and thoughts , she is a good old fashioned catholic lady and needs support ,

Lord have mercy on your lowly handmaiden

alleluia

amen

Father God, please heal this woman’s infection and help her to rest comfortably. Amen. :signofcross:

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

:signofcross: Heavenly Father, surround this lady with your grace and mercy, keep her mind clear, help her to focus on your love and give her peace!!!

We add our prayers for this lady and all elderly persons whose memories are failing–this dreadful infirmity severely disturbs the consolation and joy of old age and we pray also for encouragement and guidance for all those supporting the aged.

Father Almighty, we pray that this lady’s mind becomes clear and that her doctor is able to treat the condition. Amen.

:signofcross:

Praying for her health & recovery.

It may not be the medications causing the hallucinations. IF she happens to have a bladder infection, which is often not diagnosed in the elderly, she can go septic within hours and this infection will cause hallucinations. Your friend needs to have her checked out again, and if not previously done, checked for a bladder infection.

Another kind of antibiotic might be used as well. Hallucinations are not an acceptable side effect of any drug, and should not be dismissed. Have your friend contact the doctor for advise.

Praying hard.

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

:crossrc:***

Ave Maria, Gratia plena
Dominus tecum,
Benedicta to in mulieribus,
Et benedictus, fructus, ventris tui Jesus

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei,
Ora pro nobis, pecatoribus nunc,
Et in hora mortis nostrae.

Amen

Oh My Jesus, Forgive us our sins,
Save us from the fires Hell,
And lead all souls to Heaven,
Especially those in most need of they mercy,
Amen

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, Pray for us.
St. Dymphna, pray for us

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!

This! I’ve had drug-related auditory hallucinations before and it is not something ANYONE deserves to experience, even temporarily. It’s terrifying!

She is in my prayers.

I second the motion here. Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) can make a person appear demented at any age. They can come on in a sneaky fashion so that no one suspects.

May God protect her and bring her back to herself.

Hallucinations often accompany severe infections (especially U.T.Is). Hopefully as the antibiotics kick in, she will feel better in every way.

May the Lord bless her and keep her safe from all harm.

Please tell me what good praying will do—If you assume that the circumstances of this ladys’ torture are God’s will, and according to your faith you cannot do otherwise, what difference will prayer make? What is the exact number of prayers that will change her situation—maybe check with the doctor and change her meds.
Im so sick of people (myself included) assuming that prayer will effect or change the will of God. Can anyone demonstrate the efficacy of prayer-???

When I was in school, a secular private school for healthcare personnel, by the way, I remember a study cited where one group of patients was prayed for and knew it, one group was prayed for and did not know it, and one group was not prayed for; and the prayed-for groups had a significantly higher recovery rate…BUT, personally, I think a “study” can be faulty, foolish, easily dismissed by someone else’s study, and, in this case, an attempt to play God.

Do meds ALWAYS work? Surgeries? Treatments and therapies? I believe prayers can help the efficacy of medical approaches, but as my co-worker from Ghana said, “When it’s your time to go, it’s just your time.”

Christy Brown, the Irish writer, said that when he went to Lourdes, he did not lose the disabling effects of Cerebral Palsy; but his spirit and attitude were healed from a horrendous and crippling self-pity. How do you measure that?

Continue to pray. It blesses the giver and the recipient. It isn’t magic pixie dust that does what you command. You pray for Gods will to reign.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Well, as I cannot drive down to the home of a friend of a user on a forum and offer material support, the best I can do in this situation is say a quick prayer. You’re right— prayer is no magic wand and physically, it makes little difference in the situation.

However, keeping the suffering in our thoughts is way to practice empathy and compassion. Knowing that you are being prayed for is a comfort for the religious and it comforts our loved ones’ to know that they are doing something. Simone Weil, a mystic, said that attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity. Giving our attention to those suffering is never in vain and many times is the only form of generosity we can offer.

This is the most atheistic, nonCatholic post I have witnessed from a Catholic on this forum

Check yourself

Lord have mercy

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.