Thnk u Deacon. Ohhh i tried so hard and held my temper for 90% of it. They were making accusations they truly believed that…
- RCC believesJesus’s father is lucifer
- That one of the kingdoms is not Jewish therefore not many true Jews exist…
- They didnt believe Jesus descended from from the line of David thru Mary.
- That Jesus wasnt a Jew (that was extremely important to them.) Some called Jews horrible names.
- A few ppl claimed to be prophets from God.
- That the reformation was freedom from the evil RCC.
- That they dont need to be baptized (most)
- That Our Pope said Jesus failed at the Cross.
Etc etc etc along with calling the Pope/the Church the most vile names and continuously calling me stupid after i defended the Church on those points and wouldnt agree with them.
The convo ended with them saying they were happy Catholics were killed in england. So i left because i was at my wits end. It was just me against a ton of ppl.
Although there were a couple very vile ppl saying the worst things the other protestants were agreeing with them on most points.
In the end i felt really really angry and defensive. As posters said below i should have not argued and walked away but at the same time i felt it was necessary to defend the faith…but also defend it in love which i failed at. That upsets me the most.
Its hard to do that in love when ppl are attacking your faith with lies and u as a person.
Its hard to be like Our Lord!