Happy Anti-Catholic New Year! Mike Gendron gets a clone

New Years Day email from a-C “evangelist”/propagandist Mike Gendron announcing that he will now be joined by “Former Roman Catholic, John Fallahee”. http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/corona_stellarum/Smilies/ththwaiting.gif Gendron says the following about his new BFF.

John and I have many things in common, including the fact that we spent half of our lives in spiritual darkness before God shined His light into our hearts. John is 49 years old this month and was converted to Christ at age 27. There are many reasons why we believe John is the answer to our prayers to expand the ministry that God has entrusted to us. His desire to make Christ known to the lost, his excellent communication skills, his passion for the truth, and his spiritual discernment and maturity are just a few of his gifts. For these reasons, we are excited to welcome John and his family to serve alongside us. John will be working out of Green Bay, Wisconsin, where he lives with his wife Stephanie and his three children, Kate 18, Olivia 16, David 14. He also ministers with the saints at Bethel Baptist Church. I asked John to introduce himself to you and to share a little of his background.

You can read on if you wish. (Bolding mine) Do be aware that if you live in the area of Green bay, Wisconsin then you can expect Fallahee to be seeking to proselytize Catholics away from the faith.

This edition of Gendron’s internet propaganda goes on to include the following misinterpretation and misinformation that I’m sure you will all see the errant issues are…

Let My People Go!
http://files.constantcontact.com/4f1a544f001/fa2f3b68-3850-4999-8f0f-008c64e952b3.jpg

Occasionally, we receive letters from former Catholics who have tried unsuccessfully to be removed from the rolls of the Roman Catholic Church. Recently, one of our subscribers sent us the response she received from a Catholic bishop who refused to let her go. I wanted to share the bishop’s response to make people aware of how Catholicism hangs the threat of eternal damnation over anyone who would ever leave the religion.

Then he goes on to allege that Pope Francis is calling us all to idolatry.

Pope Encourages Idolatry for Indulgences
http://files.constantcontact.com/4f1a544f001/023737ea-593f-4331-847a-37bd458ccafe.jpg
Pope Francis will grant plenary indulgences throughout the 100th anniversary year of the apparitions of Our Lady of Fatima in Portugal. He gave three ways to obtain the indulgence: 1) visit the shrine in Portugal, 2) pray before any statue of Our Lady of Fatima, 3) pray in front of a statue of Our Lady of Fatima and “spiritually unite themselves” to the jubilee celebrations on the 13th of each month between May and October. Read more.

In other words, the pope is telling Catholics that they must commit the sin of idolatry in order to receive remission for temporal punishment of their sins. The Ten Commandments expressly forbid the worship or veneration of images, “Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them” (Exodus 20:4, 5).

While I won’t be in Green Bay anytime soon, it’s always good to have a warning about people who spout such nonsense. I’ll be sure to stay away from Mr. Gendron and his friends.

Happy new year!

Our society and mainstream media severely sanction - as they should - people who tell anti-Semitic and anti-Muslim lies. But people can lie about, defame, and spread the worst calumnies about Catholicism all day long, and there’s no problem. The same Civil Rights laws that protect racial and ethnic issues also supposedly have religious protections also, but these are just never enforced when the Catholic Church is the target.

If praying in front of a statue or anything else constitutes idolatry of that thing, I suppose every minister who prays in front of his congregation is worshipping his flock.

What would you call that? Sheepolatry? Gregolatry?

Is praying while standing on Earth “geolatry”?

Is praying while surrounded by thin air “aerolatry”?

The implications of this new rule are endless…

I like the example of Marines that kiss pictures of their wives. Obviously they have committed adultery because they are lusting after Kodak film…

The anti-Catholic rhetoric is bad enough–we’re used to it. SSDD, just more of it and packaged with a new font, more graphics, etc.

The more subtle anti-Catholic slanted, distorted teaching that is coming from the Church’s own, and has been for the last 50 or more years (and yes, there are distortions from both ‘sides’, but by far the worst have been coming from the heirs to the Modernists more than the heirs to Feeney), is worse, because it comes from the inside, and makes it that much harder to defend the Faith. If you are trying to defend any given teaching, held by the Church for 2000 years, and you find it being torn to shreds by some of the very leaders of the Church, then it’s more difficult to claim it is true teaching (“If it is, why are your ‘own people’ saying differently?”) and if you find it being extolled as truth by others who, at the very same time, are making claims of truth over that which is emphatically NOT Church teaching, it’s just as problematic (“how can you accept that these people are saying this is true, when they are also saying stuff is true and you DON’T agree with them on that?”)

We are damned if we do, damned if we don’t, and our leaders are twisting around and unable to present a united front.

There should be classes available for Catholics that show us all the lies of the enemy and the truths of Catholicism. Wish there was a place to learn how to defend yourself against these people.

This Gendron guy seems to like attention and more interested in slandering the church than really trying to understand what we believe. I enjoy reading your comments about what he posts on your blog, do you ever email him to tell him how wrong he is? probably wouldn’t listen though…

True but we should know better than to espect real justice from government. Look at our society.:(:shrug:

Silly, but worthwhile. Ever see the pictures of an n-C “altar call”? People kneeling or even lying all over the front of the church and could be misconstrued as them worshiping the Bibles all around them, the pastor, or even each other? Playing on what things look like is almost always a fallacy.

Marines might even be accused of worshiping their rifles…that rifleman’s creed well known from Full Metal Jacket might get grief from these guys too.

Actually my friend there is and not hard to come by. The 10 volume Beginning Apologetics series is outstanding!

Another great resource is Devin Rose’s The Protestant’s Dilemma which will prove to be a classic over time.

An existing classic revisited is CA great new edition of Radio Replies: Classic Answers to Timeless Questions About the Catholic Faith

Great stuff that will well equip us all to answer.

No, but he knows where to find me and has never done more than falsely accuse me of attacking him. Mike Gendron doesn’t like me. (Glory be to God!!!)

:shrug: He can’t answer my refutations because I use verifiable sources, including the context of the scriptures which show that not only is what he says about Catholicism inaccurate and misleading but that his scripture based messages are grossly in error as well.

The truth is that most a-Cs are like that.

Another awesome source is John Martignoni (who has swapped emails with Gendron) and his Bible Christian Society

John’s 2 Minute Apologetics is one of my favorite resources but all his stuff is FREE and some of the best you’ll find anywhere.

LOL, well I must admit, there were many a lonely nights while I was deployed that I slept with my rifle, maybe I should be going back to confession. :smiley:

Thanks for the links, I love reading about this stuff and I hate having to drive all the way down to the closest Catholic book store!!!

BTW, I got radio replies free here!!!

radioreplies.info

Well if you don’t take care of that “girlfriend” you may not have made it back to the love of your life, right?:thumbsup:

Thanks for the links, I love reading about this stuff and I hate having to drive all the way down to the closest Catholic book store!!!

Free stuff is almost always great, so start there, but with CA’s shop you can get a boatload of good equipment right to your door, so I highly recommend it to you. If you wanna share your faith they also have some awesome tracts called
http://shop.catholic.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/210x210/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/g/o/gods-love-for-you_1.jpg God’s Love For You

that are really one of the best evangelistic messages I’ve ever seen anywhere, and inexpensive to boot so check them out.

You can read the online version here. God’s Love for You

Yeah, me too but I do love my edited hard copy.

As with garden variety anti-Catholics, ignorance flashes like lightning, while truth plods along slowly.

:thumbsup:Thanks for your outstanding links!:thumbsup:

Someone once told my sister that if anyone kneels in front of an object, that constitutes idolatry.

So she asked him what he was worshipping every time he knelt in front of a toilet to puke. :smiley:

:rotfl:
Isn’t that referred to as "worshiping the porcelain god"anyway?

Kinda crude but makes a good point.

Guess we have to stay standing up, and hope we have good aim. :eek:

But it feels so nice and cool when you hug it as the room spins around:D
I never really had this bought up to me before, the kneeling thing, but if confronted with this on a growly day i would likely openly question the person’s intelligence.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.