Happy Birthday Catholic Church!

Just thought I would start a thread thanking God for Pentacost and the birth of the Church. Also how many of you wore red to Church today in recognition of the Holy Spirit.

Forgot to wear red…DID wear my shirt with “Notre Dame” on it…does it count, since “Our Lady” was there at Pentecost?

I was wearing my Knights of Columbus lapel pin, which has Red in it…so yes, I guess I did

Does this count…?

http://www.heathersanimations.com/fires/heartburning.gif

AW Shucks—if I would have known this morning that red was the Pentacost color, I would have for sure!!!

After church though, I put a red print tablecloth on the dining room table with cute red place mats and a red candle!!!:smiley:

How unbelievable it is to have the Liturgical Calendar in our beautiful Holy Mother Church isn’t it? I’m so thankful for this!!! And to think every Catholic Church world wide today was reading the same Scripture and celebrating Pentacost. This just blows my mind as a new convert!!! Just don’t understand how anybody can be a Protestant! We need to tell them all about the Beauty and Fullness of the Church~~~~

God Bless~~~~

P.S. Jackman: What’s the USC in your name mean???

Its for the Gamecocks baby!!! Go Cocks!!! I hope this season with Steve Spurrier, that they will kick some major butt.

Wear red? Oh Yeah! My parish is “Parish of The Holy Spirit” in Kennewick, WA, so you KNOW we cherish Pentecost and dress especially for the occasion. :slight_smile:

However, with the bustle of everyday life, we almost forgot this morning. But my wife was checking the dryer 30 mins. before mass, saw her red shirt and was reminded of the day. That’s the Holy Spirit at work for you!!! :smiley:

Sadly no, I don’t have any red shirts I could have worn. :o I’ll have to work on that for next year. :slight_smile: Thanks and God Bless.

The laity is not required or even asked to wear liturgical colors. It is fine if you do, and it is also fine if you do not.

You are right. A tradition with a little “t.”

(thought I’d make it red, just for Pentecost :slight_smile: )

I am in choir and we wear robes with a collar of whatever the liturgical color is, so it was red for Pentecost, but I also wore red shoes.

'thann

No. :crying: I remembered the night before and then forgot that morning. Hey - every Sunday I get myself and my two small kids ready all by myself, so I’m usually doing good to get out the door! Sunday mornings are hectic to say the least.

Our priest even reminded us the week prior to wear red.

When I noticed the bright red of the priest’s vestments I realized I should have donned at least one garment of red. I was so embarrassed that my face turned red. So I tried to maintain the blush for the entire mass.

I wore a red tie with my blue suit at my Confirmation yesterday.

So how old is the Church? Can anyone give a close to or exact age?

For Eastern Catholics, the color is green! :smiley:

[quote=Fox]So how old is the Church? Can anyone give a close to or exact age?
[/quote]

Approximately 2005-33 = 72 years. This may be off by 4 years or so.

The anniversary of Our Lords’ Crucifixion and death will be around 2030.

Correction, that should be 1972 years.

[quote=Ignatius]Approximately 2005-33 = 72 years. This may be off by 4 years or so.

The anniversary of Our Lords’ Crucifixion and death will be around 2030.
[/quote]

I wote my reddest blouse. I looked around and saw I was the only one in our entire Parish wearing red!! Except our Priest of course.
Since most of our Church is made up of elderly folk, I figure they just forgot or just don’t have any red in their wardrobe.

[quote=Pentecost2005]I wore a red tie with my blue suit at my Confirmation yesterday.
[/quote]

Welcome to the Church! :smiley: It’s great to have you here!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.