Happy Feast of Christ the King!

For those who attend the EF, how was your Feast of Christ the King?

We had a beautiful Missa Cantata and of course the Liturgy was beautiful.

From the Gradual and Alleluia

Gradual
He shall rule from sea to sea, and from the
river unto the ends of the earth. V. And all
kings of the earth shall adore Him: all nations
shall serve Him.

Alleluia

Alleluia, alleluia. V. His power is an everlasting
power that shall not be taken away:
and His kingdom that shall not be destroyed.
Alleluia.

**From the Post Communion:

Fed with this immortal nourishment, we
beseech Thee, O Lord, that we who glory
to fight under the standard of Christ the
King, may forever reign with Him on the
heavenly throne.

May we continue to allow Christ to be King over our lives.

Thank you, TrueLight! We had a Missa Cantata with incense and two torch bearers. All 9 of our servers, including me the head one, were in the sanctuary. I would like to end with the collect for today:

Almighty everlasting God, Who in Thy beloved Son, King of the whole world, hast willed to restore all things anew; grant in Thy mercy that all the families of nations, rent asunder by the wound of sin, may be subjected to His most gentle rule. Who with Thee liveth and reigneth.

:tiphat: It was nice indeed :)

The Gospel was particularly touching:

dixit itaque ei Pilatus: "ergo, rex es tu!"

Respondit Iesus: "tu dicis quia rex sum ego, ego in hoc natus sum et ad hoc veni in mundum: ut testimonium perhibeam veritati. Omnis qui est ex veritate audit meam vocem."

I felt like: that's our king right there! :thumbsup:

[quote="TrueLight, post:1, topic:303364"]
For those who attend the EF, how was your Feast of Christ the King?

We had a beautiful Missa Cantata and of course the Liturgy was beautiful.

From the Gradual and Alleluia

**From the Post Communion:

May we continue to allow Christ to be King over our lives.**

It will be the same for me when it does happen in a couple of weeks (OF). Same Gradual (Ps. 71) and same alleluia and post-communion.

Interesting tidbit, there's no Gregorian chant for this feast. It was created in 1925 well after Gregorian chant was "invented" as it were, so the "Gregorian" propers are all recent compositions based on Gregorian principles.

[/quote]

It was beautiful!!

I didn't get to Serve, I served the EF for the first time last week, I will be serving more in the next coming weeks again. Father did the Aspereges. White Vestments, Missa Cantata, Father did a Homily on the Kingship of CHRIST, Beautiful as always, but we have it every weekend, so We are lucky!!

I wish CHRIST THE KING was the sovereign of all hearts. All war, violence, impurity, hatred, poverty, act of injustice, abortion, homosexuality and vice would cease. What a romantic thought....

[quote="R_C, post:3, topic:303364"]
:tiphat: It was nice indeed :)

The Gospel was particularly touching:

I felt like: that's our king right there! :thumbsup:

[/quote]

That's exactly what I heard too. :)

I saw a lot of unfamiliar faces today. I can only guess they'll be experiencing the feast of Christ the King again in a few weeks.

We had a Solemn Mass with a K of C honor guard. Instead of serving in my usual role as MC, I was part of the honor guard. We all recited the act of consecration of the human race to the Sacred Heart at the end of Mass. Father's sermon was about the role of Catholics who recognize the Kingship of Christ, during the election season.

We also recited the Act of Consecration of the Human Race to the Sacred Heart after Mass and some short prayers our diocese is adding due to the upcoming vote attempting to make so called gay marriage legal in our state.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.