Happy Feast of the Dormition (Assumption)!

Wishing the entire CAF family a blessed Feast of the Dormition (Assumption)!

Today’s propers for the Feast of the Dormition:

Munificentissimus Deus, Nov. 1, 1950:

“…we pronounce, declare, and define it to be a divinely revealed dogma: that the Immaculate Mother of God, the ever Virgin Mary, having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory. Hence, if anyone, which God forbid, should dare willfully to deny or call into doubt that which we have defined, let him know that he has fallen away completely from the divine and Catholic Faith.”

15 Likes

That is a beautiful icon! Happy feast!

2 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mary is SUCH a wonderful and worthy Mother! She has helped me come closer to Jesus. :grinning:

1 Like

Beautiful icon. Surrounded by the Apostles and some disciples at her death. I can imagine she blessed all of them before departing from this world.

That icon is so pretty!!! Happy feast day indeed!!:heart_eyes:

On a goofier note, I woke up today at 6am…I’m only a ittle jealous that Mary gets to sleep! :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.