Happy Holidays!

Merry Christmas to all my brothers and sisters in Christ. Christ is born alleluia alleluia! The savior of the world, the Son of the almighty, the King of kings and Lord of lords, Immanuel, has been born unto us in the city of Bethlehem of a virgin in humble abode.

Also, happy Hanukkah to all our Jewish friends out there! May the Lord bless you and guide your community’s through this time just as he did with Judas Maccabeus who expelled the idols from the temple and gave it back to the one true God.

Merry Christmas … Joy to the World our Savior has been born.

Thank you. Merry Christmas/Happy Chanukkah to all.

if you would have just said merry Christmas and happy Hanukkah I wouldn’t be angry at you I hate the phrase happy holidays because it’s so phony. I am sorry if you wish me happy holidays I don’t want to talk to you someone I went to church with even said that to me once someone I went to church with she knows my religion. honestly I just would prefer people say Merry Christmas Happy Hannukah Happy Kwanzaa etc etc

Katherine, that pictures reminds me of this Christmas Carol - English translation (not mine, but correct) first. The Carol is at the link before the Spanish – if you want to follow along.

Oh, The Poor Little Baby Boy
(English Translation)

Oh, the poor little baby boy*, little boy,
Who is lying in the straw
Oh the poor little baby boy, little boy,
Darling boy, little darling of our soul.

Between an ox and a donkey, the Child God was born
And in a poor manger, they received him.

Oh, the poor little baby boy, little boy,

Below the arch of the portal
We find Mary, Joseph and the Child.

Don’t look at me angrily, my dear little one,
Look at me the same way as I look at you.

The link for the song in Spanish is Ay del chiquirritín.

Ay del chiquirritín chiquirriquitín
metidito entre pajas
queridin, queridito del alma.
-Entre un buey y una mula Dios ha nacido *
y en un pobre pesebre lo han recogido.

metidito entre pajas

-Por debajo del arco del portalico
se descubre a María, José y al Niño.

metidito entre pajas

-No me mires airado, hijito mío
mírame con los hojos que yo te miro.

metidito entre pajas
queridín, queridito del alma.

This is another one that I just love!

Madre en la puerta hay un niño
“Mom at the Door Is a Boychild”

The one above is a son/daughter telling the Mom that “there is a child at the door more beautiful than the beautiful sun who must be cold because he is half naked.” The mother tells the child to have him come in because there is charity in this world. Then the whole carol is a conversation with the Child. The Carol is normal speed and I just cannot translate it because am . . . enjoying it! It is a happy/sad carol because the child is asked questions and, since He is Jesus, the Child answers knowing what is to come; however, I just love this Carol.

The Carols are very down to earth of Our Blessed Mother doing the laundry and St. Joseph putting it at the cloths’ line or the Shepherds knowing the Child wants milk and giving it to Him and then other things the Child wants. There is one about Joseph singing to the Child, or the one about the Blessed Mother singing the lullaby and the Child not wanting to sleep, falling asleep and then not waking up to her calling Him and . . she had to cry (not scream but with tears) to wake Him up.

Before anyone else jumps in that any of this is sacrilegious, let me assure you that it is not. It is from a different culture: yes. Sacrilegious - absolutely NOT.

Am going back to listening to the other “villancicos”!

Merry Christmas!*

I don’t think it’s something we should get too heated about. :shrug:

Happy holidays to you and yours, too!

I caught myself saying Happy Holidays to someone this season. I meant Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Years ago it was a popular greeting. Nowadays, God is being taken out of so many events that I always say Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year even though it takes longer to say. Who wants to forget about Christ? The Knights of Columbus gave out Keep Christ in Christmas yard signs in our area. I will keep it up until Jan 6. Just my preference. God bless.

Merry Christmas!

Oh for Pete’s sake! Complaining over someone wishing you well during the HOLIDAYS, which, as others have posted in various threads, goes back to “holy days”. You should be thankful someone cared to say something nice to you in this day and age of cussing people out and being rude.

Happy Holidays to you, Adam!

:tsktsk: How very sad that you lashed out at someone here on CAF that was kind enough to wish us well and even included several holidays (of which the origin is holy days) in the body of their post. In all charity, you really ought to apologize to the OP for your mean-spirited comments.
I pray that this issue you have will be resolved in your own heart very soon.

How incredibly rude. You really owe the OP an apology.

:eek::mad::tsktsk:

Perhaps you didn’t realize how obnoxious and hateful your post sounded when you wrote it, but Adam, it is pretty rude and not like you to post something like this. In all charity, you should apologize to the OP for responding the way you did to his well-wishes.

:eek: Well now, this takes being rude to an entirely new level. All he did was wish you HAPPY HOLIDAYS and you totally went off the deep end. I can’t imagine what you’d do if someone told you to “screw off”

:eek:

Happy Holidays Adam, may you lighten up a bit the next time someone wishes you well. You pretty much lost your **** on this one.

:eek:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.