Happy Mothers day Virgin Mary

Dear Vigin Mary Mother of God I would like to say HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY .

LETS PUT ALL ARE DIFFERENCES BEHIND TODAY AND HONOR OUR MOTHER MARY… LETS CALL HER BLESSED TODAY …REMEMBER ALL GENERATION SHALL CALL ME BLESSED

UFAMTOBIE

??? She was the earthly mother of Jesus made incarnate. No disrespect here but she isn’t “our” mother or my mother personally. She was a special woman chosen for a special purpose. That’s it for me.

If she is the Mother of Our Lord, She is my Mother. :wink:
Can you separate Jesus as being an earthly man from Jesus the Lord, Your Savior?

Happy Mother’s Day to Mother Mary!
I was wondering if Jesus would say the same thing. :wink:

I asked Jesus at Mass on Mother’s day to say Happy Mother’s Day to her for me and to give her a hug. I also asked Him to do the same for my real Mother, my husbands’s Mother and our Grandmothers.

That is wonderful. My girlfriend and I got roses for Her. :slight_smile:

certainly. Jesus is God, right? In the beginning was the Word (Jesus) and the Word was with God and the Word was God. Jesus (was) in the very beginning. Was Mary there in the very beginning to give birth to Jesus. Was Mary created before God to give birth to him?

how sweet :love:

This is the most common mistake that many have for Catholic. By saying Virgin Mary is the Mother of God, we do not mean She is born before God otherwise She is God Herself. Nonetheless, Jesus as God and Man.

If you consider Jesus is God, when do you consider He is just a man and not God Himself? and how He is a man who can be separated from His Divinity?

If Elizabeth who was filled with the Holy Spirit called Virgin Mary “Mother of My Lord”, it is enough for us to call Her the Mother of Our Lord.

As the Mother of Jesus she is the Mother of God. I’d think would accord her some sort of honor.

She was the mother of Jesus as in the 2nd person of the Trinity.

Yes, so she is the Mother of God. This is pretty basic.

Is the Second Person of the Trinity not God?

Happy Mother’s Day, Mary and thank you for being such a great mom. Thank you for leading me to your Son.

Love,
Linda

I have a problem with saying the mother of God and here’s why. It is because God was begotten and not made as the Creed states. As the first chapter of the Gospel of John states, the Word (Jesus) was with God and was God in the beginning. Mary wasn’t there to give birth to God, of course. Jesus became incarnate of the virgin Mary as the Nicene Creed states and was made man. Mary was chosen by God to be the earthly mother of Jesus (God in the 2nd person of the Trinity). More accurately spoken, she was the mother of Jesus chosen in an earthly purpose.

Linda, there’s nothing in the profile, so it’s just a guess but it appears that SIA is not Catholic. If so, this may be one subject where others attempt to set themselves apart from the Catholic Faith.

Since Mary can be shown to be Sinless and the Mother of God within Scripture, it’s hard to understand the alternate understanding.

You are correct, I am not Roman Catholic, I’m Anglican. I’m an ex-cradle Roman Catholic.

Jesus is both Human and God. Mary is the Mother of Jesus the Man, who is God. As such, she is the Mother of God. No one suggests that she is somehow the Mother of anyone else.

Most people attempt to make this distinction in an effort to denigrate the Catholic Faith. What is your reason?

Hi there SIA,

No you are not disrespecting me, You are disrespecting Our Mother Mary and above all you are Disrespecting Our Lord Jesus Christ, for in:
(JOHN 19: 26-27) Seeing his mother there with the disciple whom he loved, Jesus said to his mother, :Woman, there is your son.’’ In turn he said to the disciple, “There is your MOTHER.” From that hour onward, the disciple took her into his care.

SIA, then a sentence later Jesus said in:
(JO***HN 19: 28) After that, Jesus, NEW THAT EVERYTHING HAD NOW BEEN COMPLETED, AND TO FULFIL THE SCRIPTURE PERFECTLY HE SAID: I AM THIRSTY.***

Like John, I also take Virgin Mary my Mother into my care and I love her, or I should say she takes me into her care.

SIA, now why after saying to Virgin Mary and John Woman behold thy son, John behold thy Mother?

Truth and comon sense tell us that Jesus gave Virgin Mary to be Our Mother of us all. In heaven we will be a family there is God Our father, Jesus is our Brother and Mary is Our Mother. Now what kind of family would there be WITHOUT A MOTHER.

I told you in another post what religeon are you you have not answered me I don’t believe.

Ufamtobie

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.