Hard to Keep Living On

Please pray for my family. My husband and I are both very depressed. It’s so hard to keep going on when things don’t ever seem to get any better. It’s hard to keep our chins up and keep on smiling.

PATER NOSTER, qui es in caelis, sanctificetur nomen tuum. Adveniat regnum tuum. Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra. Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie, et dimitte nobis debita nostra sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris. Et ne nos inducas in tentationem, sed libera nos a malo. Amen.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

For Help in Trials

Most holy apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered your beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many. But the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases–of things despaired of. Pray for me who feels so hopeless. Make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege accorded to you of bringing visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, in particular BLP and family), and that I may bless God with you and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise you, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you. Amen.
Prayer to Our Lady of Mental Peace

O Lady of Mental Peace,
Mother of Tranquility
and Mother of Hope,
look upon BLP and family in this time
of weakness and unrest.

Teach her searching heart
to know that God’s Love
for her is unchanging and
unchangeable, and, that
true human love can only
begin and grow by touching
His Love.

Let your gentle Peace -
which this world cannot give

• be always with her.
    And, help her to bring this
    same Peace into the lives
    of others.

Our Lady of Mental Peace,

• Pray for us!
    Amen.

O Christ Jesus,
when all is darkness
and we feel our weakness and helplessness,
give us the sense of Your presence,
Your love, and Your strength.
Help us to have perfect trust
in Your protecting love
and strengthening power,
so that nothing may frighten or worry us,
for, living close to You,
we shall see Your hand,
Your purpose, Your will through all things.
Amen

Depression is a serious and insidious disease that debilitates so many people. I’ve suffered with it for most of my life and it has caused so much harm to me, to my children, to my relationships, etc.

I did not see any future or hope until I was “forced”, by a serious suicide attempt, to finally seek the help I so desperately needed. For many years, I prayed to God for a miracle, for an end to the pain and despair, all the while ignoring His most prosaic of miracles…the doctors and therapists who ultimately were instrumental in literally saving my life. These were God’s great miracle for me…

I spent 2+ years in therapy, to address my skewed thinking which was caused by the chemical imbalance in my brain, and I will probably need to take anti-depressant medication for the rest of my life, but I am truly alive today and ever so grateful to God for His miracle to me.

I know it’s hard, but please keep striving! Even If there are financial constraints, access to therapy and medication are still possibilities…Try looking into social services in your area to see what’s available.

I will lift you and your family up in my prayers and ask St. Dymphna to intercede on your behalf.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of Mercy! Our life, our sweetness, and our hope! To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn, then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us; and after this our exile show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.
℣ Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, ℟ that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Praying hard for both of you.

[INDENT][INDENT]A prayer against depression

O Christ Jesus
When all is darkness
And we feel our weakness and helplessness,
Give us the sense of Your Presence,
Your Love and Your Strength.
Help us to have perfect trust
In Your protecting love
And strengthening power,
So that nothing may frighten or worry us,
For, living close to You,
We shall see Your Hand,
Your Purpose, Your Will through all things.

By St. Ignatius of Loyola

+++++++++++++

Lord: We pray that you will protect BLP’s family and all other families touched by depression. Through Christ Our Lord, amen.

:crossrc:

[/INDENT][/INDENT]

**Thou art all fair, O Mary.
And the original stain is not in thee.
Thou art the glory of Jerusalem.
Thou art the joy of Israel.
Thou art the honour of our people.
Thou art the advocate of sinners.
O Mary, virgin most prudent,
mother most tender,
pray for us.
Intercede for us with Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen.**

Thank you TheLeastofThese for talking about depression. I made the decision to call my doctor and get my anti-depressant medication again. I haven’t been on it in about 5 years now and have been ok, but my life is extremely crazy right now. Way too much for any one person to handle! My life is insane! I also made an appointment to talk to my former counselor. None of it will take the problems away, but maybe it will at least help me cope with them better. Thank you everyone for the prayers. Please keep me in your prayers for the next week or so.

Thanks!

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Memorare

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
That never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided.

Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother;
To thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.

O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

Praying for you & your family.

In every need let me come to you with humble trust, saying:
Jesus help me
In all my doubts, perplexities, and temptations:
Jesus help me
In hours of loneliness, weariness, and trials:
Jesus help me
In the failure of my plans and hopes, in disappointments, troubles, and sorrows:
Jesus help me
When others fail me, and your grace alone can assist me:
Jesus help me
When I throw myself on your tender love as savior:
Jesus help me
When my heart is cast down by failure, at seeing no good come from my efforts:
Jesus help me
When I feel impatient and my cross irritates me:
Jesus help me
When I am ill, and my head and hands cannot work, and I am lonely:
Jesus help me
Always, always, in spite of weakness, falls, and shortcomings of all kinds:
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus help me and never forsake me.

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

:gopray2:

Lord, look upon this family with eyes of mercy. May your healing hand rest upon them, soothing their pain. May your life-giving powers flow into every cell of their bodies and into the depths of their souls, cleansing, purifying, restoring them to wholeness and strength for service in your Kingdom. Through Christ Our Lord,
Amen

O Christ Jesus, when all is darkness
And they feel their weakness and helplessness,
Give them the sense of Your Presence, Your
Love and Your Strength. Help them to have
perfect trust in Your protecting love and
strengthening power, so that nothing may
frighten or worry them, for, living close to You,
They shall see Your Hand, Your Purpose,
Your Will through all things.
Amen

Remembering you and your husband in my daily prayers. God bless :console:

Praying for you and your husband.

Memorare

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

praying!!

Praying for you and your husband. Lord, hear our prayers.

Suffering is not worthless, and our lives are not our own to take. As humans we are relational – we relate to one another and the actions of one person affects others. Sadly, the concept of “redemptive suffering” – that human suffering united to the suffering of Jesus on the Cross for our salvation can benefit others – has often been ignored or lost in modern times. It is perfectly understandable that medication should be made available to give comfort and limit suffering as much as possible during the dying process, especially during a terminal illness, but it is impossible to avoid suffering altogether. We do not seek pain for its own sake, but our suffering can have great meaning if we try to join it to the Passion of Christ and offer it for the conversion or intentions of others. While often terrifying, the suffering and pain that we will all experience in our lives can be turned into something positive. -Philip Johnson

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.