Hard to understand

Really scared here. I had already posted this quesrion but wanted to refrence exactly what was tripping me up. The Bible talks about becoming one flesh with your wife and sex makes you one flesh. Would that mean in Gods eyes your married to the first person you had sex with even if you dismt realize?

No. You already asked this question. The answer is the same: no.

No, because sex isn’t the only thing that goes into marriage. Sex is “part of” marriage, and therefore marriage involves becoming one flesh through sex, but sex isn’t the only part. Marriage also involves making a public declaration of permanence and self-giving that the community can recognize. Marriage is also a sacrament (in Christianity) and requires a blessing by a priest (if Catholic) or a minister (if Protestant). Since fornication only involves one of the above things (sex), it isn’t marriage.

The Bible speaks about becoming one flesh with your wife, not just anyone you may have sex with. The marital act is a bond between a man and a woman who have taken vows before God to join in a holy union. Anything other than that is not an act blessed by God. As only through God can two people truly be joined in marriage, only through God can they become one flesh. If you had sex with someone without being married to them, confess it and do not do it again. Save yourself for the person God intended you to join in one flesh with. God bless.

My answer would be no, read 1 Corinthians chapter 6

You misunderstand Genesis 2:24, bolded:

And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from the man, made He a woman, and brought her unto the man. And the man said: ‘This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.’

Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife, and they shall be one flesh.

Notice that a public act of commitment (i.e., the man leaves his parents to join his wife) establishes the union between man and woman before physical contact. If that was untrue, then Adam’s declaration that Eve is the “bone of my bones” and “flesh of my flesh” is an unnecessary detail in the passage.

No. 2 Samuel 13 and Deuteronomy 22 assume otherwise.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.