Harmonica players' thread

Anyone else out there play the harp / mouth organ / harmonica / whatever they call it where you come from?

A few things I love about the harmonica

• Small enough to carry around - so I can have music wherever I go.
  • Really easy to play, just suck and blow on some holes, and 'cause it’s all in one key, it’s not too hard to work out songs on it or sound half decent even when you don’t know what you’re doing. Also 'cause adjacent rows of holes form an appropriate chord in most cases.
  • Really cheap! Can get one for about $10.
  • Sounds really nice.

Something I don’t like - Because it’s all in one key, and 'cause I never bothered to learn how to ‘bend’ notes, there are some things I can’t play 'cause the notes I need aren’t there.

At the moment I have 4 harmonicas - C and G (both wooden comb) and D and A (both plastic comb)

What sorta things do you play? Any blues players here? Anyone who can play “The Wizard” by Black Sabbath or the “Khe Sanh” by Cold Chisel? 'Cause that would be awesome. Anyone here play the harmonica at church, or is it another of those instruments not appropriate for Mass? (I’ve been asked to play at Mass before but wasn’t sure if it’d be okay and didn’t think I was good enough). Anyone want some tabs of the few songs I know? I think I have posted up a tab of “Hail Redeemer, King Divine” here before.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.