harold camping is at it again!

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110524/ap_on_re_us/us_apocalypse_saturday

He calls may 21 a “spiritual judgment” and oct 21 is last day.

Let us be kind to this man. He obviously is lost and he suffers from scupulousity. I feel he is just weary of this world. We know better. Let us pray for him!

With people like this they will never be wrong. Every time a date comes and goes, they sit down and do a little more figuring and come up with a new date. Meanwhile, followers give away their belongings, run up debt and spend all their money hoping and praying for the end to come so they can escape their debts, but the next day they wake up and their still in debt and the world goes on. These people like Camping would be funny if the consequences of their little predictions didn’t have so many real world effects.

ChadS

What, I thought that had already happened. did not the JW’s say that the spiritual Judgement and invisible coming happened in 1914? I’m so confussed.

Sounds like he read a Seventh Day Adventist book on their doctrine of investigated judgement which they say started around 1844 - I think that was the year.

Theology wise, he denies the Trinity and teaches Sabellianism — that Jesus is the Father incarnated.

We all should join together in praying for his Salvation.

I really don’t see how he gets around Acts 1:7.

His so-called bible interpretation is based on personal special “revelations” from God. So, in his mind he can not be wrong – he like many pentecostals calls this revelation knowledge.

Daniel 2:21
And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:

Acts 1:7
And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

1 Thessalonians 5
1But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

6Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; **but let us watch and be sober. **

7For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

8But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

9For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

10Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

11Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

12And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;

13And to esteem them very highly in love for their work’s sake. And be at peace among yourselves.

14Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.

15See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.

16Rejoice evermore.

17Pray without ceasing.

18In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

19Quench not the Spirit.

20Despise not prophesyings.

21Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

22Abstain from all appearance of evil.

23And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

24Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

25Brethren, pray for us.

26Greet all the brethren with an holy kiss.

27I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.

28The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

Its sad … he is deluded.

No one wants to suggest he isn’t a true believer … but, when one teaches as he, that all Churches are satanic … he is clearly under satan’s influence. He needs to seriously have a ‘come to Jesus’ reawakening … and join the Catholic Church – after admitting his errors in date setting.

He always had named Oct 21 as doomsday. May 21 was supposed to be the rapture and the beginning of the tribulation. But, apparently, God changed his mind about a five-month tribulation.

I agree that we should not ridicule this man and his unfortunate followers who have lost so much. It’s just sad.

it is people like Harold that make athiests out of good people.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.