Harper Lee dead at age of 89: 'To Kill a Mockingbird Author' passes away

al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/02/harper_lee_dead_at_age_of_89_t.html

Nelle Harper Lee, who won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction in 1961 for her book, “To Kill a Mockingbird,” has died at the age of 89, multiple sources in her hometown of Monroeville confirmed Friday morning.

Lee was born April 28, 1926, in Monroeville, the youngest of four children of lawyer Amasa Coleman Lee and Frances Cunningham Finch Lee.

RIP. :frowning:

:frowning: May she rest in peace.

Praying for the repose of her soul & for her family.

Oh, nooooo :frowning:
What an impact her book and it’s film made. So beautiful. And it’s coming to the NY stage, I believe.
Someone I work with was instrumental in getting her recent sequel published…and says she was a wonderful woman.

All the best to Harper Lee xo

May she rest in peace. :crossrc:

To Kill a Mockingbird changed our world. I’m so grateful for her life and work. Atticus Finch will always be my hero.

Not so sure that getting the sequel published did Ms. Lee any favors.

RIP

Here is a tweet from Spring Hill College, the Jesuit College here in Mobile, AL. Ms. Lee received an honorary doctorate years ago. The referenced youtube video link is from my husband.

twitter.com/sprhill/status/700717487864856576

Great book! Great movie!

“Eternal Rest Grant Unto Her O Lord and may Perpetual Light Shine Upon Her”

I was so sad to hear this news. I loved both of her books and so wish she had written more but deeply respect her desire for privacy. Rest in peace, dear Nelle.

May her soul, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.