Harris: Obama knew of Blagojevich plot

Barry is having himself one bad week:

"A top aide to former Gov. Rod Blagojevich said he believed Barack Obama knew of Blagojevich's plot to win himself a presidential Cabinet post in exchange for appointing Valerie Jarrett to the U.S. Senate.

John Harris, Blagojevich's former chief of staff, testified Wednesday in the former governor's corruption trial that three days after the Nov. 4, 2008, presidential election, the ex-governor told Harris he felt confident Obama knew he wanted to swap perks.

Defense lawyers say Harris' testimony contradicts the government's previous public statements that Obama knew nothing about deal-making involving the Senate seat appointment.

"Testimony elicited by the government from John Harris and wiretaps played in court raise the issue of President Obama's direct knowledge and communication with emissaries and others regarding the appointment to his Senate seat," lawyers wrote in the filing."

suntimes.com/news/metro/blagojevich/2427402,CST-NWS-BLAGO24.article

This is getting very ugly. I don't put it past Blags to take everyone down with him as he can regardless of any lighter sentence he would receive.

It's only logical that Obama new about these goings ons. It was his Senate seat, his close personal friend that was to be the appointee, and his place to offer a Blags a cabinet position.

[quote="scipio337, post:2, topic:203143"]
This is getting very ugly. I don't put it past Blags to take everyone down with him as he can regardless of any lighter sentence he would receive.

It's only logical that Obama new about these goings ons. It was his Senate seat, his close personal friend that was to be the appointee, and his place to offer a Blags a cabinet position.

[/quote]

Yes, but Obama didn't do anything for Blago.

[quote="qui_est_ce, post:3, topic:203143"]
Yes, but Obama didn't do anything for Blago.

[/quote]

Even if Barry didn't actually do anything, if he knew there was criminal activity and didn't report it, he is in big trouble, because it will look like he was cooperating with Blago.

[quote="Brooklyn, post:4, topic:203143"]
Even if Barry didn't actually do anything, if he knew there was criminal activity and didn't report it, he is in big trouble, because it will look like he was cooperating with Blago.

[/quote]

How could you prove Obama knew anything?

And indicted co-conspiritor 'believes' someone else knew what he and his co-conspiritors were up to.:rolleyes:

That's too attenuated for me.

[quote="Brooklyn, post:1, topic:203143"]
Barry is having himself one bad week:

"A top aide to former Gov. Rod Blagojevich said he believed Barack Obama knew of Blagojevich's plot to win himself a presidential Cabinet post in exchange for appointing Valerie Jarrett to the U.S. Senate.

John Harris, Blagojevich's former chief of staff, testified Wednesday in the former governor's corruption trial that three days after the Nov. 4, 2008, presidential election, the ex-governor told Harris he felt confident Obama knew he wanted to swap perks.

Defense lawyers say Harris' testimony contradicts the government's previous public statements that Obama knew nothing about deal-making involving the Senate seat appointment.

"Testimony elicited by the government from John Harris and wiretaps played in court raise the issue of President Obama's direct knowledge and communication with emissaries and others regarding the appointment to his Senate seat," lawyers wrote in the filing."

suntimes.com/news/metro/blagojevich/2427402,CST-NWS-BLAGO24.article

[/quote]

Since the Obama Administration is corrupt, this will surprise no one.
Just wait until Rohm has to testify. Since he's from Chicago, do you think he will perjure himself ? Any bets?

**No rational person could ever believe that corruption exists in politics!

Especially in Chicago, where everyone is like Beau, attenuated?????!

Jesus warned us about these people in yesterday's Gospel;

"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thorns, or figs from thistles? 17 So, every sound tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears evil fruit. 18 A sound tree cannot bear evil fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus you will know them by their fruits." (Mt 7:15-20)
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Pecatoribus!

mark

[quote="qui_est_ce, post:5, topic:203143"]

[/quote]

Seems to me it's going to be done the way Nixon was brought down -- recorded conversations. Blago is determined that if he is going down it won't be alone and I don't think anything would make him happier than taking Obama with him

Ah, Chicago corruption. What did Obama know and when did he know it? Let the investigation begin, but don't let it take attention away from what Obama is doing to our country, which is much worse than anything Blagojevich did.

Ishii

[quote="scipio337, post:2, topic:203143"]

[/quote]

of course Obama knew about these goings on! i agree. maybe they were hoping the McChrystal scandal would take up these headlines a few days longer to distract from what was being revealed in the Blagojevich trial. let's see if Obama will be like Teflon Don
and nothing will stick to him.

[/quote]

It only takes a couple of witnesses.

[2 Cor 13:1] This third time I am coming to you. "On the testimony of two or three witnesses a fact shall be established."

[Heb 10:28] Anyone who rejects the law of Moses is put to death without pity on the testimony of two or three witnesses.

[1 Tim 5:19] Do not accept an accusation against a presbyter unless it is supported by two or three witnesses.

If it's good enough for the Holy and Sacred Word of God, then it's good enough for me.

[quote="7_Sorrows, post:11, topic:203143"]
of course Obama knew about these goings on!

[/quote]

I don't think you have any basis for that allegation.

[quote="Beau_Ouiville, post:13, topic:203143"]
I don't think you have any basis for that allegation.

[/quote]

You mean, other than John Harris' sworn testimony, in court???

What will it take Beau, to convince you the President was aware of what Blagojevich was doing? Testimony by Balanoff? A wire tap in which Balanoff relays Blagojevich's request to the President, or Jarrett?

If either of those occur, would you be convinced?

[quote="Brooklyn, post:9, topic:203143"]
Blago is determined that if he is going down it won't be alone and I don't think anything would make him happier than taking Obama with him

[/quote]

:eek:
My Dear Wormwood,
Congratulations on your success with your patient
Your affectionate Uncle
Screwtape

[quote="scipio337, post:14, topic:203143"]

What will it take Beau, to convince you the President was aware of what Blagojevich was doing? Testimony by Balanoff? A wire tap in which Balanoff relays Blagojevich's request to the President, or Jarrett?

If either of those occur, would you be convinced?

[/quote]

It really strains credulity to suppose that Obama knew nothing about the fact that his chief of staff was trying to get Obama's prior senate seat for one of Obama's closest friends and collaborators. No rational person could possibly believe that. Whether Obama participated in any wrongdoing or even intended to, is another matter.

I am guessing that Blagojevich is so stupid that he didn't bother to record anything compromising about anyone else if, indeed, there were any such compromising conversations. Almost everybody on earth (except Blago, evidently) knows you have to assume you're being recorded in every telephone conversation that could be at all sensitive. Obama's people would have to be stupid well past the "man on the street" level to have said anything self-incriminating on the phone with Blago.

[/quote]

If Harris is telling the truth, he probably has some documentation that shows or strongly suggests Obama knew.

[quote="scipio337, post:14, topic:203143"]

[/quote]

He testified about what he 'believed'. He's presuming here and folks are making political hay out of it.

I believe I can fly.

[quote="tjm190, post:17, topic:203143"]
If Harris is telling the truth, he probably has some documentation that shows or strongly suggests Obama knew.

[/quote]

That's a leap. Harris testified as to what he 'believes'. What that belief is based on is anyone's guess.

[quote="Beau_Ouiville, post:18, topic:203143"]
He testified about what he 'believed'. He's presuming here and folks are making political hay out of it.

I believe I can fly.

[/quote]

So, as I said before, what WOULD it take for you to "believe" Obama was aware of the wrongdoing?

Testimony by Balanoff? A wire tap in which Balanoff relays Blagojevich's request to the President, or Jarrett?

None of the above? All of the above? Any combination of the above??

[quote="scipio337, post:19, topic:203143"]
So, as I said before, what WOULD it take for you to "believe" Obama was aware of the wrongdoing?

[/quote]

I think for anyone it should take credible testimony which directly relates to the president's knowledge, said testimony from someone with first-hand information.

Or, the president could say he knew of the goings on going on.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.