Harry Potter... saw this on FoxNews.com

Saw this column on foxnews.com, thought it was interesting enough to share.

foxnews.com/story/0,2933,294130,00.html

that was a nice read. thanks!

Thanks!

Good read! Thanks!

As a huge Harry Potter “dork” and present 7th grade teacher in the inner city public schools, thank you so much for finding that article and posting it. I had a hunch that these books had much to do with Christianity, to an almost scary resemblance to the Chronicles of Narnia, but I couldn’t make the connections as well as that article did. Once again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you!

Thanks for sharing the news. :thumbsup:

How exciting! I thought the Harry Potter series has been chock full of Christian meanings. Here is a link to a book I just found a couple of weeks ago on Amazon:

amazon.com/Harry-Potter-Sleeping-Dragons-Villaluz/dp/0979422981

The book cover already depicts some of the things the article talks about. Excerpt from the hard cover dust jacket looks quite intriguing; it even mentions the importance of “Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus” among many other things. I have already placed my order for the book. This should be a great read. :smiley: :smiley:

God bless you all and have a great day!

OP,

Thanks very much for that post! I have never read any of the Harry Potter books, although I have seen a few of the films. I’m getting more interested of late though. Seeing how popular they are with the kids I’ve taught keeps piquing my interest.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Thanks so much for this article!!!:thumbsup:

I’m a huge Harry Potter Fan!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.