Has anybody noticed this?

The yellowpages seperates Catholic and Roman Catholic churches, my Church is Roman Catholic but is not under Roman Catholic, but just Catholic. Why do they seperate Catholic and Roman Catholic? If any thing, Eastern Catholic should be under Catholic while Roman Rite Churches are under Roman Catholic.

[quote="BVMFatima, post:1, topic:300205"]
The yellowpages seperates Catholic and Roman Catholic churches, my Church is Roman Catholic but is not under Roman Catholic, but just Catholic. Why do they seperate Catholic and Roman Catholic? If any thing, Eastern Catholic should be under Catholic while Roman Rite Churches are under Roman Catholic.

[/quote]

You think the people at the Yellow Pages know about Catholic Rites?

They put you in the Yellow Pages however you fill out the form and pay them to.

So, this means Parish A turned in paperwork indicating they were Catholic and Parish B turned in paperwork saying they were Roman Catholic, thus two categories.

[quote="BVMFatima, post:1, topic:300205"]

[/quote]

Well, that makes three old relics that still have a telephone book!

I wonder what will happen when no one has a land line? Would there still be a yellow pages?
:confused:

I know in our Yellow Pages "Catholic" and "Roman Catholic" are in the same coumn, but, I can see how they'd be separated due to parishes submitting forms with either/or. I wouldn't be surprised to find an Anglican church under Catholic either, sometimes they'll put Anglican Catholic and then just group it under Catholic.

However, the YellowPages would not be the infallible source to look to, so :p

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.