Has anyone heard of the Young Adult Leadership Initiative by the Catholic Extension Society?

Hi all! For a little while now I’ve been seriously discerning a career in lay ministry (mainly youth and young adult ministry). I’m a few months away from graduating from college, and the other day my campus minister approached me about something called the Young Adult Leadership Initiative by the Catholic Extension Society. Basically, it is a program offered to mission dioceses where an individual (or more) selected by the diocese get to attend either Boston College, Notre Dame, or Fordham University online, get a M.A. in Pastoral Ministry, get paid, and get to work in the diocese for the duration of the program (2.5 years). Here’s the website:

catholicextension.org/funding-request/strategic-initiatives/young-adult-leadership-initiative

I’ve sent a few emails and done a lot of searching, and this program seems perfect for me. Honestly, it seems a little too perfect. Has anyone here ever heard of this program or known someone who did it? What’s the catch?

Thank you!

Is it also referred to as ACE?
We have some teachers at the local Catholic High School that were sent from Notre Dame that came and worked for a couple of years…all of them EXCELLENT. They stayed for a couple of years, and some even stayed on permanently. They taught mostly science courses. Or maybe I have it mixed up with another program.
:hmmm:

Is it also referred to as ACE?
We have some teachers at the local Catholic High School that were sent from Notre Dame that came and worked for a couple of years…all of them EXCELLENT. They stayed for a couple of years, and some even stayed on permanently. They taught mostly science courses. Or maybe I have it mixed up with another program.

From what I can tell it isn’t ACE. It would be a M.A. in Pastoral Theology from one of the 3 universities.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.