Has anyone on here ever practiced Buddhism?

Just wondering. I’ve studied Buddhism for a while now and it seems to me that it’s alot of Buddhism’s aim is to diminish the natural tendency to seek happiness and fun in life, not to mention the fact that Buddhist awareness/mindfulness isn’t just simply watching our thoughts and being awake and in the moment but the exhaustion of having to always train your mind seems rather ridiculous. Any thoughts?

[quote="Snickers29, post:1, topic:226825"]
Just wondering. I've studied Buddhism for a while now and it seems to me that it's alot of Buddhism's aim is to diminish the natural tendency to seek happiness and fun in life, not to mention the fact that Buddhist awareness/mindfulness isn't just simply watching our thoughts and being awake and in the moment but the exhaustion of having to always train your mind seems rather ridiculous. Any thoughts?

[/quote]

Are you familuar with the C.S. Lewis thought that there are only 2 major world religions; Hindu and Jewish. All the rest (including Buddhism and Christianity) are a heresy, or off shoot of these 2 or one of the off shoots of the 2.
I say this to point out a need to see the teachings of Hindu that he was reacting to at his time.

[quote="Snickers29, post:1, topic:226825"]
Just wondering. I've studied Buddhism for a while now and it seems to me that it's alot of Buddhism's aim is to diminish the natural tendency to seek happiness and fun in life, not to mention the fact that Buddhist awareness/mindfulness isn't just simply watching our thoughts and being awake and in the moment but the exhaustion of having to always train your mind seems rather ridiculous. Any thoughts?

[/quote]

How long have you been studying Buddhism and where did you study it?

[quote="the_7th_one, post:2, topic:226825"]
Are you familuar with the C.S. Lewis thought that there are only 2 major world religions; Hindu and Jewish. All the rest (including Buddhism and Christianity) are a heresy, or off shoot of these 2 or one of the off shoots of the 2.
I say this to point out a need to see the teachings of Hindu that he was reacting to at his time.

[/quote]

Or two belief systems, salvation from the inside (gnosticism) and salvation from the outside (Christianism).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.