Has anyone read Faith: A Novel?

The book is called Faith: A Novel and it's by Jennifer Haigh. It gets good reviews on Amazon. The story is about an Irish Catholic priest who is accused of child molestation, and from what I gather from the reviews, you're really not sure if he's guilty or innocent until the end.

Has anyone read it? I don't want to get sucked in if it's just going to end up being more anti-Catholic drivel. But if it accurately depicts the way an unjust accusation like this affects a priest and his family, for example, I'd like to read it.

Thoughts? No spoilers, please.

I haven't read it, but I came here looking to ask the same question.

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light.

Hello,

I am reviving an old thread. I came here to ask the same question. Has anyone read Faith by Jennifer Haigh and if so would you care to share your thoughts?

Thanks.

I haven’t read it, but it looks like it’s not positive about the way the Catholic hierarchy handled these cases. I don’t know if the priest is innocent or not. You might try reading reviews on amazon as long as you watch out for spoilers (there is one in the prominent 3 star review). One reviewer put an opinion in without a spoiler warning.

amazon.com/Faith-Novel-Jennifer-Haigh/product-reviews/0060755814/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_paging_btm_next_2?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews&sortBy=recent&pageNumber=2

Thank you for your reply. (Sorry this is so late.) I chose not to read it.

Sound like it has “orange order” written over it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.