Has anyone read the book Dimmiter?

i was watching raymond arroyo a few weeks ago and his show The World Over. he had the author of The Exorcist on. he is Catholic. he spoke of a new book called Dimmiter.
i hope i have the correct spelling and also mentioned that he has another new book coming out. of course, everyone has heard of the movie The Exorcist, but i never did read the book. so i was curious if anyone has read the author's latest novels. thanks for your input.

I was sufficiently impressed with the interview that I got the book out of the library but found the read a little too contorted for my taste. I will go back to my standard thrillers and mysteries.

dj

[quote="djeter, post:2, topic:201141"]
I was sufficiently impressed with the interview that I got the book out of the library but found the read a little too contorted for my taste. I will go back to my standard thrillers and mysteries.

dj

[/quote]

thanks for your reply. i was impressed with the interview too and went to the local bookstore to see if they had it. they were out and i decided not to order it yet.
may i ask what you mean by saying it was a little too contorted? were you able to finish it or did you put it down?
i guess he has another one coming out soon. thanks again for your reply.

[quote="7_Sorrows, post:3, topic:201141"]
thanks for your reply. i was impressed with the interview too and went to the local bookstore to see if they had it. they were out and i decided not to order it yet.
may i ask what you mean by saying it was a little too contorted? were you able to finish it or did you put it down?
i guess he has another one coming out soon. thanks again for your reply.

[/quote]

I found the plot a little too complex for my brain. I did finish it and realized it was some sort of play on Dostoevsky's Legend of the Grand Inquisitor but until someone explains it to me I can't say I fully appreciated it.

I always go to the library first and then buy if I really want a copy...

dj

[quote="djeter, post:4, topic:201141"]
I found the plot a little too complex for my brain. I did finish it and realized it was some sort of play on Dostoevsky's Legend of the Grand Inquisitor but until someone explains it to me I can't say I fully appreciated it.

I always go to the library first and then buy if I really want a copy...

dj

[/quote]

thanks for the tip. i think i will check the library first. i wonder if raymond arroyo really liked it or had to give a positive critique to be polite since the author was on his show. :shrug:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.