Hateful Blog Against the Catholic Church Posted by St. Louis Group Claiming to be Catholics

While reading one of my favorite Catholic blogs, I came across a link to a hateful blog. The purpose in supplying the link was to show how some people who claim to be Catholics think and to illustrate how the evil one works. I ask for prayers because the blog is vile and it made me sick to my stomach to read such venom directed toward Holy Mother Church, Pope Benedict and Archbishop Burke posted by people claiming to be Catholic. What awful, hate-filled, toxic rantings! While reading it, the hatred and rage coming from that blog became almost tangible and now after having read it, I just feel so sick, sad and upset.

A small sample of text from the blog, the description of the group and their goal: “…is a group of Catholics here in Saint Louis working to drive the snakes out of the Roman Catholic Church … the snakes of intolerance, bigotry, sexism, homophobia, and the vile abuse of power by members of the Roman Catholic clerical monarchy.”

This blogspot supports two parishes in the St. Louis area, one is a former Catholic parish, the other is one that supports women priests, homosexual unions and other non-Catholic teachings. Please pray for the conversion of those people to true Catholicism.

A PRAYER IN TIME OF DISTRESS
I shall walk through dark valleys,
I fear no harm for you are at my side.
Your rod and staff shall give me courage,
No evil shall befall me,
No weakness in my stride. God wills not my foot to slip
Or my guardian sleep, He guides me from all evil,
The Lord is my guardian; The Lord the shade I keep,
By day the sun cannot harm me Or the moon by night
For the Lord said, “Do not let your hearts be troubled,
Have faith in God and also in me. In my Father’s house
There are many dwelling places. If there were not,
Would I have told you That I am going to prepare
A place for you? And if I go and Prepare a place for you,
I will come back again And take you to myself,
So that where I am You also may be.”
If the Lord is with us,Who can be against us?

PRAYER TO ST. MICHAEL
St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness
and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts, by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan, and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

Dona Nobis Pacem.

***+JMJTJ+

Your intentions will be in my prayers.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will keep in my prayers all who seek to use the Forums to subvert the Catholic Church and the faith of Catholics.

PRAYER TO ST. MICHAEL
St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness
and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts, by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan, and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

To our family in Heaven,
You knew what it took to follow the Church our Lord gave us. You trusted Jesus when He said His Church would be forever protected from error and evil. Please pray for the souls of those who “think” they know what is best for the Church and ask God to move their hearts to be obedient to the Church as a child is to their mother and to recognize the Pope as the human representative of Jesus!

Help them to see that what the Church stands for and teaches, She does so because the Holy Spirit inspires Her to do so. Help them to open their eyes and hearts to see that what they “feel” is right is not necessarily what our Father KNOWS is right.

I trust in your prayers as they are what have helped the Church become what She is today. May God’s grace help others to realize the same!

I ask this in the name of the founder of the Church, our Lord Jesus Christ!

Amen, Amen!
+

i second that.

:amen:

i too will keep this in my prayers.

Holy Spirit, be with these people who have drifted from Jesus Christ, and his desire that all shall be one, unity in Him.

Persecution, from outside and inside is going to happen.

Please prepare us to be ready, and to be with you in helping these lost ones, not to boast of how right we are, and how wrong they are, and loose ourselves to triumphalism. I pray we can engage all who suffer from truly knowing for any reasons, where you have meant us all to be. I pray you forgive me for adding to your burdens of suffering on the Cross, and ask that my pitiful sufferings be offered for this intention.

For the good of all

Thank you all and God bless you for your prayers. They are needed and most appreciated. Thinking about the steadfast charity and care for their flock that our good shepherds here on earth, the Holy Father and Archbishop emeritus Burke have, and thinking about how they bear the scorn of the malicious and the misguided to protect the flock Christ entrusted to them, makes it quite disheartening to witness the evil that guides some in St. Louis who claim to be Catholic. It is awful enough to bear the attacks from outside the Church, but when they come from within, it is even more so. While it is very disheartening and disturbing, it is not quite devastating because I have faith that Holy Mother Church will survive even this type of attack:

“And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” - Matthew 16:18

During Mass this morning when I discovered that the Gospel Acclamation and the Gospel were from Matthew 16:13-20 and, of course, included the verse from above, I was delighted and had to once again contemplate that the Lord’s timing is perfect and not coincidental. How truly comforting and reasurring He is, Deo Gratias!

Gracious God Defend us in time of battle and hold us up when we stumble. Let your ligh shine upon the hearts of all those who plot evil against your beloved family here on earth. Keep us strong in your Truth. Keep our Holy Father strong increase his wisdom so that by your direction he may continue to shephard the pligrim Church untill we assemble in the Kingdom of your love and Glory with out loss of any one among those you have revealed truth to.
Through Christ Our Lord. Amen.
Ss. Bernadette and Augustine Pray for us.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.