Hatred??

Dear Forum!

For the past few days, After a couple of incidents that surprised me and made me angry scared and anxious, My tummy clenched up, and I didnt want to have any ill feelings or be hateful, For e.g. I said "JESUS, I dont consent" alot. However, Sometimes when incidents occur that surprise me and make me anxious and angry, Im afraid Im being hateful. How does one know that they are being hateful?? I dont want to hate, but love everyone, but my tummy will clench really tight sometimes in anxiety as I hear news that makes me angry, but I dont want to be hateful as Hate is a mortal sin correct? How does one know that one is being hateful? and if my tummy clenches really tight when Im anxious and really angry, does that mean that I am hateful? should I abstain from HOLY COMMUNION Tommorrow?? Im so scared, Is critiscing someone after an incident like this hateful??

PLEASE HELP!!

So, I will repeat my previous advice: You must talk to your priest about your scrupulosity and anxiety.

[quote="mymamamary, post:1, topic:294931"]
Dear Forum!

For the past few days, After a couple of incidents that surprised me and made me angry scared and anxious, My tummy clenched up, and I didnt want to have any ill feelings or be hateful, For e.g. I said "JESUS, I dont consent" alot. However, Sometimes when incidents occur that surprise me and make me anxious and angry, Im afraid Im being hateful. How does one know that they are being hateful?? I dont want to hate, but love everyone, but my tummy will clench really tight sometimes in anxiety as I hear news that makes me angry, but I dont want to be hateful as Hate is a mortal sin correct? How does one know that one is being hateful? and if my tummy clenches really tight when Im anxious and really angry, does that mean that I am hateful? should I abstain from HOLY COMMUNION Tommorrow?? Im so scared, Is critiscing someone after an incident like this hateful??

PLEASE HELP!!

[/quote]

What you're describing is somewhat scrupulous in nature but none of us on CAF are really qualified to give you advice on this matter. I suggest that you should seek out a professional such as your parish priest and maybe, a psychiatrist about your anxiety issues.

I once asked my priest about receiving communion and he told me, that Church is not made up of saints but rather, imperfect people. He knows that sitting in the pews are mostly people who carry a lot of baggage and perhaps, not the best of emotions (ie; bad day at work, family problems, etc). If you don't have a mortal sin to confess, I don't think you should avoid receiving Holy Communion. After all, you're receiving the Bread of Life and allowing Christ to be your spiritual nourishment.

I will be praying for you.

[quote="mymamamary, post:1, topic:294931"]
Dear Forum!

PLEASE HELP!!

[/quote]

Like 1ke said, I would advise you to seek out a regular confessor if you do not have one already. I suffer with scruples too, so I know what it's like. I need to find a confessor who can help me as well.

In the meantime, here's a good website for people with scruples: mission.liguori.org/newsletters/scrupanon.htm

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.