Have any of you seminarians or pre-seminarians attended/are attending an Ordination Mass?

Have any of you seminarians or pre-seminarians attended or are attending an [priestly] Ordination Mass? I think that most dioceses had theirs already, but my diocese is having theirs tomorrow. I think that most seminarians are obliged to go, as most of them serve, I believe. :D

The vocations director for my diocese reserved a pew for all those interested in priesthood for tomorrow's Mass, and the pew is right behind all the families of the ordinatees! I'm really excited. I haven't been to one since I was really young, and I hear that they are really powerful.

Indeed I have! In the past year as a seminarian, I have seen bishops, priests, and deacons ordained in the Archdiocese of Boston.

[quote="CatholicZ09, post:1, topic:245543"]
Have any of you seminarians or pre-seminarians attended or are attending an Ordination Mass? I think that most dioceses had theirs already, but my diocese is having theirs tomorrow. I think that most seminarians are obliged to go, as most of them serve, I believe. :D

The vocations director for my diocese reserved a pew for all those interested in priesthood for tomorrow's Mass, and the pew is right behind all the families of the ordinatees! I'm really excited. I haven't been to one since I was really young, and I hear that they are really powerful.

[/quote]

I did went to both the prieslty ordination and the deaconate ordination this year. They are always enjoyable masses :).

I actually knew 2 or the 3 now ordained deacons very well, kinda funny but one of the newest deacons was the brother of my former neighbor. Small World :)

I went to the first ordination of the local Friars Minor. It was at the archdiocesan cathedral on the feast of the Immaculate Conception! Though I was not baptised at that time, and I cannot even begin discerning for years… I feel I am in the pre-seminarian stage anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

It was certainly very glorious. I’m actually rather happy that I wasn’t in a seat, because the “Veni, Creator Spiritus” floated out into the pregnant atmosphere in such a manner that it made me weep. You could have seen the Holy Spirit of God descend, so powerful was the choir. I had to go out into the empty narthex while all the priests of the diocese were laying hands on the ordained man’s head. There was just too much emotion and power in the silence, the “loud silence”. It was so voluminous… even if the basilica had not been packed-full, the saints would still have made their quiet presence known.

My whole night after that was spent in tears and prayers for this good man. Nothing can equal that Mass!

I've been to two this year. They are so beautiful and gave me an even deeper love of the priesthood.

I've been to both the Masses for the diaconate and the priesthood. What your vocations director did was pretty cool. I'll have to talk to mine about that for next year's Ordination Mass.

[quote="GloriousOrder, post:4, topic:245543"]
I went to the first ordination of the local Friars Minor. It was at the archdiocesan cathedral on the feast of the Immaculate Conception! Though I was not baptised at that time, and I cannot even begin discerning for years... I feel I am in the pre-seminarian stage anyway. :p

It was certainly very glorious. I'm actually rather happy that I wasn't in a seat, because the "Veni, Creator Spiritus" floated out into the pregnant atmosphere in such a manner that it made me weep. You could have seen the Holy Spirit of God descend, so powerful was the choir. I had to go out into the empty narthex while all the priests of the diocese were laying hands on the ordained man's head. There was just too much emotion and power in the silence, the "loud silence". It was so voluminous... even if the basilica had not been packed-full, the saints would still have made their quiet presence known.

My whole night after that was spent in tears and prayers for this good man. Nothing can equal that Mass!

[/quote]

How beautiful! The Holy Spirit really worked through you!

During the Laying on of Hands, I was trying to sing the "Veni, Creator Spiritus", but my Latin is horrid, so it was quite embarrassing trying to act like I knew what I was doing. :o

[quote="Jonathan_V, post:6, topic:245543"]
I've been to both the Masses for the diaconate and the priesthood. What your vocations director did was pretty cool. I'll have to talk to mine about that for next year's Ordination Mass.

[/quote]

I was actually quite nervous because we were so close, and I was right in front of a camera. :eek:

I've never been to an ordination mass, but I've been to an ordination service for a friend of mine, and it is a great thing to worship as a colleague and friend starts the ministry. I would encourage any seminarian to go to an ordination mass.

Hi,

I haven’t attended any Ordination Mass, but I have a friend who is about to become a deacon (if that’s God’s Will), and I hope I can attend that Mass, if I get invited. :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.