Have i commited the unpardonable sin?

i have tormented for the past 4 days if I have blaspheme against the holy spirit. I have been getting thoughts in my head without me wanting to say it such as cursin at him then immediately i start slapping my head that i didnt want to say at all like if someone is controlling my thoughts. I have also have said things like " Why god let this things happen to good people, then he must be bad" I have been praying to god and jesus to get this thought out of my head and doesnt seem to help. I'm so worry for my soul and i fear hell. I love god and jesus and accepted him as my lord and savior.

No, you silly, silly child. On another hand, accepting Jesus doesn't save you and make you eternally secure. Child, no. Salvation is only in the Orthodox Church, which is a life long process of the following; prayer, fasting, charity, good works in general and receiving the Sacraments.

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but it is God’s power to us who are being saved.
1 Cor 1:18

See, I'm right. It said, "to us who are being saved," not, "to us who are saved".

:getholy:

Please talk to your pastor and a mental health professional if you are having intrusive/compulsive thoughts.

[quote="mtsacricky, post:1, topic:323007"]
i have tormented for the past 4 days if I have blaspheme against the holy spirit. I have been getting thoughts in my head without me wanting to say it such as cursin at him then immediately i start slapping my head that i didnt want to say at all like if someone is controlling my thoughts. I have also have said things like " Why god let this things happen to good people, then he must be bad" I have been praying to god and jesus to get this thought out of my head and doesnt seem to help. I'm so worry for my soul and i fear hell. I love god and jesus and accepted him as my lord and savior.

[/quote]

It is necessary for you to talk to a well qualified priest to see if there is something else that is bothering you. You may have symptoms of an illness so professional help may be the way to go. Both priest and doctor may help you in this. Try not to tackle this on your own. From what you said I wouldn't concern yourself about committing the unpardonable sin. You seem to be good enough to know the difference and you haven't done this. You seem to be someone who is trying to live the Christian life so put any thoughts that say otherwise away. Do not pay attention to them. If these same thoughts do come back and they are still bothering you, then try to seek someone right away who is more spiritual than you and just say the same things you did on your post. Don't hide these thoughts anymore but by revealing them it might decide to go away. If they don't go away you may have an indication of an illness that needs to be treated.

Be at peace. Your thoughts and sins are not more powerful than God’s love. I agree with Ike, speak to your pastor about your anxiety, that is what he is there for. If he is unable to counsel you, speak to a counselor or therapist, and just share with them what is upsetting you.

No. Moral theologians define blasphemy against the Holy Spirit as final impenitence. It's unpardonable, not because God can't/won't forgive it, but because the person won't give up his sins for God to forgive.

Thank you for all your replies.

I will seek for priest help.
Forgot to mention, have also getting terrifying demonic nightmares then followed by sleep paralysis at least 3 times a night for the past 4 days. It all started 4 days ago when I decided going to cofession and going back to god. I have slipped and is been 19 years since my last confession. Sorry for my english, not my native language.

[quote="mtsacricky, post:7, topic:323007"]
Thank you for all your replies.

I will seek for priest help.
Forgot to mention, have also getting terrifying demonic nightmares then followed by sleep paralysis at least 3 times a night for the past 4 days. It all started 4 days ago when I decided going to cofession and going back to god. I have slipped and is been 19 years since my last confession. Sorry for my english, not my native language.

[/quote]

Welcome back! We understand you just fine.
We have all slipped. It is so good to have confession. I would talk to the priest just as you are talking to us here. Most priests are very good at welcoming you back. If he is busy, which they are sometimes, perhaps he can recommend someone. :)

I second that.

As for your nightmares I would also bring that up with the priest to see what he has to say. If the priest can’t help you with that, I would also recomend that you try to talk with a catholic counselor. Best of wishes, and I will also pray for you.

I agree with what others have written.
In addition, I recommend praying the Rosary. If it's difficult to concentrate (as it is with me when I'm feeling bad), just pray Hail Mary's. Lots and lots of Hail Mary's. Say them out loud if you need to. This has greatly helped me during tough times.

I don't know if you have sinned or not. But if you have, there is no reason you won't be forgiven. Jesus loves you so much. He wants the best for you, and nothing makes Him happier than when we come to Him with our worries.

[quote="AllSaints12, post:2, topic:323007"]
No, you silly, silly child. On another hand, accepting Jesus doesn't save you and make you eternally secure. Child, no. Salvation is only in the Orthodox Church,

:getholy:

[/quote]

Change Orthodox to Catholic!!

or is salvation not in the Roman Catholic Church as well as in the Orthodox Catholic Church?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.