Have I wronged God?

I havent been a very good example of a Christian these last few years. I want to be a good Christian and live the life my Lord wants me to live but I have continued to sin, however I am sinning less as of lately. I have doubts and worry though, I feel like I’m not saved, and that even when I pray for the forgiveness of my sins , and If I dint commit any more mortal sins, that I won’t go to heaven. I am scared and fear that I have wronged God in some irreparable way, and I have worried about this for quite a few years, before I felt I needed to be a Catholic. Is this possible? Is God angry at me? Please help me, I try to do good, but I get discouraged when I think of the’s things. I apologize for such questions, but I don’t have a priest or anyone to discuss such things with.

Thank you all so much and God bless.

Be at peace, even the Saints sinned during the holiest times of their lives.They did not sin mortally. However, we are all very imperfect people, even the most holy. The beauty and truth of our Catholic faith is that God works through sinful, imperfect human beings to bring about His will for His glory. “In my weakness He is strong” (2 Corinthians 12:9-11).

Humbly acknowledging your imperfection and just moving on by trusting in the grace of God to be empowered to actually do something that bears fruit is a far holier action than obsessive scrupulous perfectionism. One is about God and what God can do through your cooperation with his grace. The other is what you can do to try to earn heaven in order to relieve yourself of toxic shame. The first is good, right and true, the second is bad, wrong and false. May God reveal His unconditional love and acceptance to you as His beloved child.

Additionally, heaven is not a destination that we earn. Heaven is a place were we can mercifully sit beside those people who have wounded us the most in life and love them. This is the example Jesus Christ has set for us to follow as Christians.

:thumbsup: That is a beautiful reply.

:frowning:

Please continue to next post -

http://s24.postimg.org/s91lh9u91/Crucifixion.jpg

Michelangelo’s Prodigal Son Painting
http://s12.postimg.org/90aervl0d/Prodigal_Son.jpg

How to pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy

Jesus to St Faustina -

"Let the greatest sinners place their trust in My mercy. They have the right before others to trust in the abyss of My mercy. My daughter, write about My mercy towards tormented souls. Souls that make an appeal to My mercy delight Me. To such souls I grant even more graces than they ask. I cannot punish even the greatest sinner if he makes an appeal to My compassion, but on the contrary, I justify him in My unfathomable and inscrutable mercy. Write: before I come as a just Judge, I first open wide the door of My mercy. He who refuses to pass through the door of My mercy must pass through the door of My justice…… (Diary, 1146).

Sacred Heart of Jesus - St Margaret-Mary Alacoque

http://s15.postimg.org/uc0cy5a0r/st_margaretmary2.jpg

Jesus to St Margaret-Mary Alacoque

"Behold the Heart which has so loved men that it has spared nothing, even to exhausting (Crucifixion) and consuming Itself (Last Supper, Eucharist), in order to testify Its love;

Divine Mercy Image - St. Faustina

http://s28.postimg.org/746uzccbx/Divine_Mercy.jpg

"…when you go to confession, to this fountain of My mercy, the Blood and Water which came forth from My Heart always flows down upon your soul and ennobles it. Every time you go to confession, immerse yourself entirely in My mercy, with great trust, so that I may pour the bounty of My grace upon your soul. When you approach the confessional, know this, that I myself am waiting there for you. I am only hidden by the priest, but I myself act in your soul. Here the misery of the soul meets the God of mercy. Souls draw graces solely with the vessel of trust. If their trust is great, there is no limit to My generosity. The torrents of grace inundate humble souls." (Diary, 1603).

I hope this has helped and I apologies for the length.

God Bless You

Thank you for reading
Josh

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.