Have you continued on with something from Lent?

I was wondering if anyone has continued on with something that you started during the last Lenten season. I myself started praying the Rosary every day back then and was pretty successful in it’s practice during Lent. I therefore decided to continue on with praying it daily and have had some good success at keeping it up.

I gave up my husband for Lent. It was God’s idea, not mine, and He wants me to keep it up apparently as husband has not returned like Lazarus.

4 or 5 years ago I gave up all commercial “news” (Fox News, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, etc.) I never took it back up.

My imperfections are frequently being put into practice. :cup_with_straw::unamused:

I sort of shy away from “giving things up” for Lent. I think maybe we ought to do more, like more prayer or more other good and kind things.

I gave up listening to music on the radio a few years ago and started only listening to catholic stations or talk radio. Can’t stand modern music now because I disect the lyrics. I didn’t intend to give it up permanently but it stuck on its own.

Cold showers

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.