Have you heard a good homily on Hell lately?

I do tell them about St. Faustina and her visit to Hell…

i don’t know if they believe it or not because usually i distribute this info anonymously…

but anyone with half a brain is going to read that and think, “even if this is hard to believe, or even virtually impossible to believe: What if i am wrong???:eek:”

i dont’ know why virtually everyone would not respond positvely to Hell… since it is spoken of by Christ in many places i nthe Bible…

i would think the only ones not wanting to hear it… shutting their ears to it… are people who don’t love truth… Even if a person doesn’t think Hell is real, he will at least be open minded to it… if he is at all interested in waht happens after death, and most people are…

Hmm, not sure if that’s going to convince people but that sure has piqued my interest. Got a link? :wink:

Regardless, I still think we should start looking for more powerful ways to prove the devil’s existence if we’re ever to try preaching about hell again.

google St Faustina… Diary 741 (i think)…

i don’t need more powerful ways to prove his existence… I’ve seen the evil men do, which originates with him… True, people don’t have to listen to him… but where do pepole get ideas to do this or that evil? They get them from him…

there is supernatural evil in the world… very few would deny that… I have been sitting @ Mass (for example) and all of the sudden, out of nowhere… literally out of nowhere i get some really off the wall unholy thought… :rolleyes: No one call tell me that that is not the devil because, for one… often it is a thought i would never, on my own, have come up with… & its one that is totally unrelated to what’s going on in my life or whatever… He hates the Catholic Church and he attacks Catholics more than others… usually… because He knows that we have power over him… (rosary/Mass/confession…Real Presence…)

Unfortunately, these few have happened to have been getting louder voices and more attention recently. (coughDawkinscoughHitchens**coughRational Response Squadcough*) :rolleyes:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.