have you heard this true story?

a priest met a fundamentalis preacher in a ministerial meeting.then,the preacher introduced himself aggresively to him by saying," im brother so and so.you know,i belong to the church that is based on the bible.the priest responded by giving his name ,and said " and i belong to the church that wrote that bible".

[quote="Hello_All, post:1, topic:292549"]
a priest met a fundamentalis preacher in a ministerial meeting.then,the preacher introduced himself aggresively to him by saying," im brother so and so.you know,i belong to the church that is based on the bible.the priest responded by giving his name ,and said " and i belong to the church that wrote that bible".

[/quote]

Have you seen such an exchange take place, or did you read about it somewhere?

I'd also like to know what rejoinder was given by the Protestant pastor.

Lolol!

:D

Wow, I was unable to submit this post with just :D in it--minimum character count for a post is 3, so now I have to figure out something to add to the :D in order to be able to post...

Life is soooo complicated sometimes!

[quote="Trebor135, post:2, topic:292549"]
Have you seen such an exchange take place, or did you read about it somewhere?

I'd also like to know what rejoinder was given by the Protestant pastor.

[/quote]

I'm afraid I think this was merely a zinger... a joke

[quote="bzkoss236, post:5, topic:292549"]
I'm afraid I think this was merely a zinger... a joke

[/quote]

That possibility seemed increasingly likely after I posted. :p

i read that story from a catholic magazine yesterday.the author implied that he was told by a priest. about the incident.

However the story came to be, it seems like a pretty good retort. :)

[quote="buzzoff1031, post:8, topic:292549"]
However the story came to be, it seems like a pretty good retort. :)

[/quote]

Indeed. :D

[quote="Hello_All, post:1, topic:292549"]

[/quote]

That's hilarious. I love it.

[quote="Hello_All, post:7, topic:292549"]
i read that story from a catholic magazine yesterday.the author implied that he was told by a priest. about the incident.

[/quote]

Cool. :) (Looks like my original idea was correct. :o)

Was the article from "This Rock" or some other publication? Maybe we can find it online.

[quote="Trebor135, post:11, topic:292549"]
Cool. :) (Looks like my original idea was correct. :o)

Was the article from "This Rock" or some other publication? Maybe we can find it online.

[/quote]

i read it on CATHOLIC L.I.F.E. magazine page 6.you may email tha author at [email]catholiclifemag@gmail.com[/email]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.