Have you or anyone you know been healed by the Miraclous Lourdes Water?

I'm just curious. Please feel free to share any stories or thoughts.

Thanks,
Jeanne

My BIL received a Spiritual Healing from the waters of Lourdes. He had Duchenne's Muscular Dystrophy. He was angry, foul-mouthed, spiteful, a real pain to be around.

The story I got from my other BIL who took him was that he cursed and complained the whole way but especially when they put him in the water. When he came back from Lourdes, he was changed. I don't know if it was gradual or not because my DH and I were in another country at the time, but the next time I saw him, he was a blessing to be around; no more cursing, and anger, no more spite. This was such a complete turn-around that it could only have been the power of God working through the waters of Lourdes.

Your question is based on a false assumption.
NOBODY has ever been healed by the water at Lourdes, as all healings come from God.

Actually, there have been fewer than 70 physical healings officially declared as miraculous by the strict standards of the Church.

This does NOT include spiritual, emotional, and mental healings and partial physical healings, such as the one mentioned above, that we know in our hearts are the hand of God working in our lives.

I can tell of one such healing in my own life through the grace of Holy Unction. So far, it's partial, or better, progressive, but God has all eternity to work on this physical issue.

[quote="bpbasilphx, post:3, topic:181747"]
Your question is based on a false assumption.
NOBODY has ever been healed by the water at Lourdes, as all healings come from God.

Actually, there have been fewer than 70 physical healings officially declared as miraculous by the strict standards of the Church.

This does NOT include spiritual, emotional, and mental healings and partial physical healings, such as the one mentioned above, that we know in our hearts are the hand of God working in our lives.

I can tell of one such healing in my own life through the grace of Holy Unction. So far, it's partial, or better, progressive, but God has all eternity to work on this physical issue.

[/quote]

I understand that the water is a sign from God, sort of like an invitation to prayer. It's the faith of the people that heals them. I'm just looking for conversion and spirtual healing stories that may have happened at the shrine.

-Jeanne

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.