Having a sad day...could use a prayer from you

*Hi all–thought I’d ask for your prayers…if anything, that might help think more positively about things. I am having one of those ‘I don’t like Florida’ days. In part, it rains every day for months now. And for hours, from about 5pm on. So, just in time for rush hour traffic. I am spending way too much time commuting than I ever did in Pittsburgh. I never have quality time with my husband…his schedule is such that he works on the weekends, when I’m off. I talked to him today–I just am not happy here anymore. There are bright spots…such as we love our new parish. We love dd’s music school, and my kids have adjusted as well as could be expected here. Maybe even moreso. I have gotten settled in…but there is just this gnawing feeling, I dunno what it is. I am just feeling like this place never changes. Everyday it’s hot and it rains…like Seattle rain…I’m over it.

I am so sad today, and would appreciate your prayers. I talked to God today, and don’t feel like He’s listening, anymore. :frowning: Maybe He is tired of listening to my lamenting. :shrug:

I think that my husband’s schedule plays a huge part…I said to him, so we moved to Florida, so we’d never see each other? I mean…our schedules are opposite…he works nights in his dept…does auditing, etc. He has tried to change his schedule, but it’s just not changing. So, we moved all the way here to not see each other.

I could use your prayers. Thanks.*

Praying.

It IS important that you see each other, however, it is more important that the kids have a parent with them. Your kids are blessed to have a parent at home most of the time when they come home from school, right? Even good kids, when left on their own ever afternoon and evening can get in big trouble.

If you need both incomes, then, thank GOD that you can work opposite schedules and have a parent there for those sweet kiddos.

God Bless you,

I know how weather can really play a part in my mood. I hate it when it’s hot and I couldn’t bear living anywhere that never got cold and had no fall foliage. I actually miss the weather moving from Boston here to NC.

I pray that God grants you peace and Mary gives you comfort.

Peace be with you…and hope your schedules change.

:hug1: I’m sorry you’re having a rough time. Remember that God never gets tired of listening to you and never stops listening.

I hope you guys can figure out a schedule change that will allow for you to be together more. :hug1: :crossrc:

*Yes, it just doesn’t change. It’s boring. It’s hot. Bugs everywhere. Rude people. Traffic. Not a Catholic-friendly state. I could go on and on, but…then I’d sound like a whiner. lol

kage–yes, that’s true. I think God everyday for dh’s and my jobs…I know it’s hard out there for many. I just feel like we didn’t need to move 1000 miles to have opposite schedules and never see each other. When I say never…he is gone on weekends, and evenings…when he walks in the door, I’m going to bed, so are the kids. He said he’s tried of it too…but with the busy season, etc…it’s hard to get everything you want at Disney. :shrug:

My dh wants us to sit down and do a pros and cons analysis. :rolleyes: There are cons to living in PA…snow for 5 months. lol That was definitely a downer. But, heat heat heat…like you feel like you’re in a greenhouse or something, is beyond old.

But, I have made some nice friends here…I don’t know…there are just days I wish we didn’t leave Pittsburgh, until the kids were out of school. Why my husband loves Florida, is beyond me. Maybe he likes traffic, rude people, and bugs. :eek: :rolleyes:*

Sometimes it’s difficult to see all our blessings with things get stressed. Prayers inc for your to have a much better afternoon!

Joe

“Not even a sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it.”

Don’t worry, God, who knows all things, knows what you are going through. He cares.

“Pray, hope and don’t worry”…St. Pio of Pietrelcina (Sep. 23)

:console:

Praying for some sunshine in your life! :tanning:
Praying for your family. :grouphug:
May the Holy Spirit lead and guide you all
in your loving relationships with each other. :heart:

:blessyou:

Many prayers WG:signofcross:

I know the feeling of not feeling ‘at home’ where you’re living, and feeling like you’re just going day to day, nothing special, nothing to anchor you…it’s not a fun feeling:(.

I think living in a one season climate…the weather thing would be unbearable for me, I know that. I don’t think you’re alone in that. I soooooo look forward to the change in seasons here, summer gets to be monotonous after awhile I long for fall and winter, and all it’s pains:p It just makes the passage of time more…meaningful, if that makes sense. I could never do Florida, or anywhere with no seasons. I think SAD not only affects those living in colder climates,maybe you are feeling some of that.

Being without time to spend and touch base daily with hubby is hard, it really is.

Of course God is listening, though we don’t feel it sometimes…you don’t have to actively talk, He knows what’s in your heart.

big prayers:console:

(((HUGS))) and prayers, my friend. :o

My favorite quote… Jer. 29:11-14…*
For I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the LORD, plans for your welfare, not for woe! plans to give you a future full of hope. When you call me, when you go to pray to me, I will listen to you. When you look for me, you will find me. Yes, when you seek me with all your heart, you will find me with you, says the LORD, and I will change your lot;*

God is listening still!!! His reasons have not been revealed yet, but there is a reason you are going through this. Look at me lecturing you when so many times I have accused God to myself of ignoring me. I don’t know why God is allowing you to feel this discomfort, but his reasons are glorious, even if they don’t feel so glorious at the time. You have been struggling with this for a long time, right? For some reason God has planted this cross in front of you and it will be of value to your soul. Maybe it might help if you offer your suffering for others who are experiencing being relocated or tossled around due to job loss, natural disaster, or to relocate for a sick child’s medical needs, etc…

Prayers on this end for you :gopray2:

*Thank you for sharing your prayers and thoughts, all. It means a lot to me. :frowning:

I HATE when I get down like this…It sounds foolish when I read what is bothering me, I mean, aren’t we supposed to have complete fulfillment in the Lord? Is He angry that I’m sad today, over what some might consider…outward, frivolous things? We don’t know the mind of God, but I know that He is all-merciful. I’m normally an upbeat person, seeing the positives in life…but I can’t seem to shake this ‘feeling’ for good…my questioning of moving to Florida. I don’t feel settled. Maybe that is more of what my family and I feel–and here is a truthful moment…it dawned on me, that when my husband starts talking about ‘settling down here, and buying a house,’ I go into this mode. :shrug: I guess there is a connection, I just don’t want to buy a house here…the neighborhoods change so fast, especially with foreclosures still going on here.

shanny, yes, the CHANGE of seasons. I used to look forward to that…you have something to look forward to…a CHANGE. Maybe as humans, we are built for change? *

Hi whatevergirl…I’m so sad for you that you are distressed…Usually I read your posts and I see how anyone should respond b/c you are always so kind and fair…It can be hard to live in a basically one climate state…I pray that you and your husband can find a happy medium with your schedule…God Bless you…I’m praying for you and your family…

I guess I could offer up my ‘suffering’ for others…thank you for saying this, Mia. :o Compared to the things I endured as a kid, this is silly, perhaps. But, it doesn’t ‘feel’ silly, you know? I have days when Florida is good. But, a huge part of it is I’m associating not seeing my husband with Florida. A job that we’re grateful for, for financial reasons of course, is causing us to not have quality family time together. We traveled to Pittsburgh in July, and it was great. And it helped us to ‘get over’ some of the homesickness that we were feeling. But, now it’s back…at the same time, do we just pick up and move BACK…MOVE AGAIN?

I’m going to pray hard about this tonight.

This might sounds strange, but I feel God calling me to pray the Rosary with our military, who have been injured…like in vet hospitals, etc. There is a ministry here that I found out plans ‘trips’ for parishioners to do this. But, something stops me from signing up…I don’t know what it is. :(*

*Thank you, dash. *

Thank you, Catholicfireman. :o

Here’s a cyber New England hug! I hope you feel better!

I can just say that I commiserate with you. I found Florida to be a huge challenge for many of the same reasons you list. I don’t have many positive things to say about it. I cried and cried so we could come back to Texas. For us, that was the answer. Of course it’s a big deal moving cross country and can’t be done lightly. I’m glad you both have jobs and a parish you like. Those were both lacking in our case!

I will offer up something for you today. God’s peace -

Hi Whatevergirl,:flowers:

Sorry you and your DH are on this crazy schedule. I know that can be tough, ships passing in the night. I’ll keep you and your family in my prayers, but I know the Holy Spirit is not far from you either.

:console::blessyou:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.