Having a terrible time figuring out this site

So you want to be able to type only “Lev.22” when creating you post as opposed to

**[Lev.22 ](https://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/r/rsv/rsv-idx?type=DIV2&byte=496140): 21*

?

Is that correct? If that is correct, I don’t believe there’s any way to do that.

Edit: And since you said

If you were wanting to just say something like John.3 or John 3:16 it will let you do that without creating a link. (I’m probably off the mark here on what you’re saying, but this is just in case I’ve been overcomplicating what you’re saying.)

Oh and as for that, send camoderator a message

If you haven’t gotten any messages from camoderator and the post is still up you’re probably fine. But that’s who to talk to about any moderation issues.

I see what you’re saying now. Yes, the extra characters from any of the formatting (such as inserting links) count towards the character count. The only way to reduce it is to not include the hyperlink when you include a Bible reference.

Thanks that is what I’m doing

Patrick

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.