Having serious doubts about the Trinity - Considering Islam

Hi everyone. I desperately need your prayers. I am having serious doubts about the Trinity and am considering Islam. Please pray for me! :frowning:

Please everyone. Please pray for me! I don’t want to leave Catholicism but Islam is really causing me a lot of doubts. :frowning:

Why do you doubt the Trinity? Who was Jesus if you doubt the Trinity?

What does Islam have to offer that is BETTER than the Eucharist? :confused:

I don’t know why I doubt the Trinity. I guess it’s because it just seems like a more simple concept of God makes sense than the complicated Trinitarian concept of God. I do still believe that Jesus is the Son of God and is God Himself though. :slight_smile:

Islam cannot offer *anything *better than the Eucharist. :extrahappy: Thanks for reminding me of the Eucharist. The Eucharist is the source and summit of my faith. Without it, my faith would most certainly die.

Well, I think my doubts are going away everyone. Thank you so much! :thumbsup: But please, continue to pray for me.

Islam is a false religion of a false prophet. It is akin to a heresy and deformation of the orthodox and catholic Faith.

Read:
orthodoxinfo.com/general/stjohn_islam.aspx

Thanks, I’ll try to get around to reading that sometime soon.

If one considers that “God is Love”, then the trinity makes sense at a basic level. For love to exist, there needs to be more than 1 person. So from eternity there are the 3 persons of the trinity in an exchange of perfect love (the love we are called to enjoy when we commune with God in heaven).

Hmmm, that does make sense. Thank you!

So true.

You’re in my prayers, Holly. Please, know that the Catholic Church is the true Church established by Christ. You know that Christ is God, so don’t stray from him or the Church he personally established for your salvation. Muslims don’t even acknowledge Jesus as God.

Maybe if you read the gospels again it might help

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy kingdom come!
Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven!
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen

Yes, I do know this. I guess I was just having some pretty serious doubts at the time that I posted this. But now I do not doubt hardly at all.

Yeah, maybe I should read the Gospels again. :slight_smile:

My prayers are with you.

I am happy to hear that the Eucharist is the summit of your faith.

Please pray for everyone who may be attracted to the religion of Mohamed.

The Trinity is beyond our understanding. C.S. Lewis said something like this – Imagine a person living in a single dimension world trying to understand a cube –

Dear Lord, please help Holly, and increase her faith. Amen.

Hmm, I like what C.S. Lewis said about the Trinity. That is interesting. :slight_smile: Thank you for your prayers RobinSebas. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your prayers Survive. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.