Having some Confusion with Shorter Christian Prayer

Hello,

I have just picked up Shorter Christian Prayer to help with some consistency and discipline in my prayer routine. Unfortunately, I seem to have picked it up on a tricky day. In looking at the Propers for the Baptism of the Lord, there is only "Canticle of Mary" and an antiphon listed. There is nothing about the Psalmody or other readings. I am pretty sure that I need to be using one of the others either from the Christmas Season or from the 4 week psalter, but I can't figure it out. Can anyone help me navigate Morning and Evening Prayer on the Baptism of the Lord as well as the other feasts? Specifically, how do I determine which Psalmodies and Readings to use?

Thanks or any help you can give! God Bless!

See
universalis.com/

Psalm Week 2 started Monday January 7.

The Four Week Psalter is the guide to the daily Psalms. The Ordinary is the readings.

I think page 15 has the guide.

Begin Week1 on:
First Sunday of Advent - December 2, 2012
Day after the Baptism of the Lord - January 14, 2013

[quote="Vico, post:2, topic:311310"]
See
universalis.com/

Psalm Week 2 started Monday January 7.

The Four Week Psalter is the guide to the daily Psalms. The Ordinary is the readings.

I think page 15 has the guide.

Begin Week1 on:

First Sunday of Advent - December 2, 2012
Day after the Baptism of the Lord - January 14, 2013

[/quote]

We are now in Week I of the psalter. Today is Tuesday in the first week of Ordinary Time.

Another free site you should look at is www.divineoffice.org. It uses the same translation of the psalms as the Liturgy of the Hours, which universalis does not (I don't know why, maybe someone else can chime in on that).

[quote="agnes_therese, post:3, topic:311310"]
We are now in Week I of the psalter. Today is Tuesday in the first week of Ordinary Time.

Another free site you should look at is www.divineoffice.org. It uses the same translation of the psalms as the Liturgy of the Hours, which universalis does not (I don't know why, maybe someone else can chime in on that).

[/quote]

I think it is a copyright problem.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.