Having Some Doubts

Hi everyone. I am having some doubts about the Catholic faith and am being tempted to go back to my Baptist roots. Please pray for me.

I will pray for you.

Anything in particular that you are having doubts about?

I am in the same boat! I will pray for you. You should pray for me as well!

I’m praying for both of you. I attend Baptist services myself as well as other protestant denominations, I’m still at mass and a die hard Catholic, be it, perhaps not as learned as many here about it. I simply enjoy fellowship and dialog with both. Being Catholic and in particular during mass is something entirely different then attending Protestant services all together. It takes time to be able to appreciate the full richness our Church really is, and if you think about it, it’s something Christ himself created with his own hands!!! What beauty there is within his creation, and doing so literally in person to boot, how can you get much better, much more personal then that!

I will pray that you two see further into what it means to be Catholic, and make it past that veil which you are shrouded in to see things more clearly and to feel things more clearly.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Holding you in my prayers.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hi Holly,

in the last month you have gone from defending vehemently the catholic faith, to saying the shahada and coverting to islam, to back to catholicism several days later and now going back to baptist.

can i offer a little advice? don’t commit to anything and simply take some to figure out what it is you really believe, then also contemplate that perhaps none of the religions you’re trying out are correct?

i’m quite wishy washy when it comes to religion but i’ve never changed faiths three or four times in a month.

Praying!

Holly,

Stick with the Church that Christ founded more than 2000 years ago.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

I prayed a rosary for you tonight. I’ve been down this road myself, but I’ve also learned that God is faithful and we need to be also. God bless.

Not to force you to, but maybe if you tell us your doubts we can help you out a bit.
Only if you’re comfortable with that. :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone. The doubts have gone away. :slight_smile:

That is good news :slight_smile: I will continue to hold you in my prayers and thoughts.

Thank you StarMaiden. :slight_smile:

Praying for you.

I am reminded of something that Sister Breige Mckenna said about the Charismatics.

Some say that they prefer the Charismatic prayers meetings to the Mass because it is so alive.

But no matter how euphoric and alive you may feel at that meeting, the simple truth is that it is not the Mass where Christ truly becomes present in the bread and the wine. Nothing will ever compete with that. This side of eternity, you cannot get any closer to Christ than that.

While it is good to get the “feel good” feeling at some of these services, we must never forget that we are there to worhip the Lord not to feel good.

The truth of the matter is, whether we feel good or not, whether we feel it or not, Christ is truly present in the bread and wine. The Lord of Heaven and earth is giving himself to you in the form of bread and wine.

See, if you can get hold of Noah Letts interview on the Journey Home program (his return interview).

I will pray for you. I think the devil is not happy when God’s children find their way home so it goes on overdrive to draw you away from His family.

What might help as well is if you can identify what is tempting you to go back to your Baptist roots.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.