Having surgery soon, but down with a cold

I am having surgery in six days, but I am down with a bad cold. Its going to be a major surgery to remove my cystic ovary. I am having second thoughts on asking my doctor to postpone it because he was kind enough to arrange his schedule to accomodate me on that day.

I have a runny nose, chills and and coughing. This cold started 3 days ago with a sore throat.

Can I have surgery if my immune system is this low?

Honestly, the thought of surgery scares me. The thought of losing one of my ovaries saddens me.The thought of how much I will be paying after all this, especially since I lost my job, is hard to even think about. I do try to get by one day at a time.

Well it’s really up to your doctor, isn’t it? I think he should make the final call. Since it’s still almost a week away I’d call the doc’s office and seek his advice. If he says it’s ok then go for it.

Here’s a prayer for you:

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

:thumbsup:

Your doctor can do a simple blood test and judge the strenght of your immune system. Ask your doctor.
I will pray for you. God bless. I hope your surgery goes well.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.