Hawaii and Heaven

I know this is a stupid question but I was recently looking at a Hawaii vocation brochure and I was soooo amazed at the beauty of the islands! For my highschool graduation gift, my parents took me to Hawaii and we didn’t see that many cool sunsets, etc. but it was awesome still…especially Maui! Yes, people are sooo right when they say “Hawaii is like Heaven”.

I’ve heard people say that when we get to Heaven, it will be like a billion times better than the Paradise of Hawaii!! I can understand why many people want to escape and come to the islands for relaxation! It’s hard to imagine that because Hawaii is TOO BEAUTIFUL!!! But then I remembered somewhere where it said “…eye has not seen or ears heard…” something like that?

http://www.astro.caltech.edu/~lah/tmp/hawaii_sunset_feb03.jpg
http://www.hawaiipictures.com/pictures/maui/maui1800x600.jpg

Florida is better and cheaper.

…nah, KENTUCKY…

http://www.tourlakecumberland.com/gallery/data/media/1/LakeCumberland1.jpg

[quote=Fox]Florida is better and cheaper.
[/quote]

Cheaper - maybe… Better? No way!

Each has their unique charm. But Hawai’i is just magical.

For big cities, I’ll take Honolulu any day over Miami, Tampa, or Orlando. The beaches of Hawai’i put to shame anything I’ve seen on the mainland. You’ll find the freshest seafood anywhere, varieties you won’t find anywhere else in the U.S., freshly caught that day. Pineapple, papaya, coconuts, picked that day. Unbelievable scenery - beaches, mountains, forest, jungle, desert, waterfalls, volcanoes - unlike anywhere else. And perfect climate.

Unless you want good OJ - definitely go to Florida for that.

[quote=Paris Blues]I know this is a stupid question but I was recently looking at a Hawaii vocation brochure and I was soooo amazed at the beauty of the islands! For my highschool graduation gift, my parents took me to Hawaii and we didn’t see that many cool sunsets, etc. but it was awesome still…especially Maui! Yes, people are sooo right when they say “Hawaii is like Heaven”.

I’ve heard people say that when we get to Heaven, it will be like a billion times better than the Paradise of Hawaii!! I can understand why many people want to escape and come to the islands for relaxation! It’s hard to imagine that because Hawaii is TOO BEAUTIFUL!!! But then I remembered somewhere where it said “…eye has not seen or ears heard…” something like that?

http://www.hawaiipictures.com/pictures/maui/maui1800x600.jpg [/quote]

Paris Blues,

Well, your posting certainly isn’t stupid but I’m not sure I follow the question. There is definitely a line in the Bible that says

“What eye has not seen, and ear has not heard,
and what has not entered the human heart,
what God has prepared for those who love Him.”

Paul wrote it in I Corinthians 2:9 and he was quoting from Isaiah 64:3. So the line appears twice in the Bible.

Hawaii is beautiful, and Heaven will be more beautiful still.

• Liberian

correct me if i’m wrong, but you said “vOcation” and not “vAcation”, correct? with that, let me give you my side…

having lived in hawaii for 3 years (before i moved to tx), i am speaking with some weight when i say that i would never move back to oahu. it would have been great to visit, but years on that rock made me coca-nuts! keep in mind that you’ll be 6 hours behind everyone you love, so when you want to call home it will be most convenient for them around 2pm your time - after that, you become a nuciance. also, if someone dies (as happened to me), it’s a lengthy flight to get you there for the funeral - you may miss it. final bad point, no city (including vegas) sells sex like honolulu. they are VERY heavy on the prostitute market, and lots of undocumented asians working in that industry make for some horrible things in the underworld. ok…final final point, the public schools are rotten and most of the natives are more concerned with going to the beach than devoting themselves to anything worthwhile, so crime and illiteracy are both relatively high. oh, and there are 5 military bases on the island, making for a bunch of 20-30 yr old men doing 20-30 yr old men things (i know…i was one). not a good environment for a nun, if you ask me.

at least, that was my experience. there are some folks who love it there and would never leave…i am just not one of them. i got a BAD case of island fever, and i would recommend SERIOUSLY looking into these things before deciding on a vocation there.

then again, perhaps God needs you there to help counter-act the evil…

RyanL

closed #7

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.