Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Today’s Alleluia Verse and Gospel say much to us about our own day:

R. Alleluia, alleluia.
The Word of the Lord remains forever;
this is the Word that has been proclaimed to you
. (1 Pt 1:25)
R. Alleluia, alleluia.

Gospel

Jesus came to His native place and taught the people in their synagogue. They were astonished and said,
“Where did this man get such wisdom and mighty deeds?
Is He not the carpenter’s son? Is not His mother named Mary
and His brothers James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas?
Are not His sisters all with us?
Where did this man get all this?”
And they took offense at Him.
But Jesus said to them,
“A prophet is not without honor except in his native place
and in his own house.”
And He did not work many mighty deeds there
because of their lack of faith. (Mt 13:54-58)

Do you wonder, as I do, what has happened to the “Catholic Faith” that had been so strong in former days" among all the nations of the world?

Do you experience, as I do, a great need for the whole world to repent and offer Reparation to the Hearts of Jesus and Mary for all Their Hearts continue to suffer from the blasphemous insults hurled against them?

Do you ever stop to examine your own response to the unrest and unholy actions of the world around you? I do, and my response is to pray remembering the Word of God which has been given to us all as a “Lamp for our feet and a Light for our path”.( cf ps 119:105).

Tomorrow is the First Saturday in August, and the following Friday, August 7 will be the First Friday - days on which Catholics are invited to offer Reparation tothe Immaculate Heart of Mary and to the Sacred Heart of Jesus in a special way – as revealed in private revelations approved by the Church.

God Willing, tomorrow I will post more on Reparation to the Immaculate Heart of Mary on First Saturday, but I believe every Friday and Saturday can be and especially in these difficult days, special days of Reparation all over the world. How many remember these words of Jesus:

"…when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?” - Luke 18:8.

Come Holy Spirit, fill the Hearts of Your Faithful. Kindle in us the Fire of Your Love. Jesus, we trust in You! Mary, Mother of the Church, pray for us.

3 Likes

Dear Jen,

Thanks for your “heart” which indicates there was something in this post that made you “like this”. Would you be willing to share your reasons why?

I’ve asked this of others on several of my posts and some persons reply but some others don’t – I wonder if they ever come back to see the post a second time – but I continue to ask because some do come back and share what I trust God has given them to help others.

Each member of the Body of Christ is called to holiness in Baptism and we each need to work out our salvation by God’s Grace, as we grow in our Baptismal gifts of Supernatural Faith, Hope and Charity. Thanks again for your “heart” and I hope you will return.

Mary is at the origin of Saint Ignatius’ conversion

\ 100%xauto

He was awake one night and clearly saw an image of the Madonna and Child; from this vision, which lasted for a considerable period of time, he received a very excessive consolation and he remained with such disgust for all his past life, and especially for the things of the flesh, that it seemed to him that all the images previously painted there had been removed from his soul.

Thus from that hour until August 1533, when this is written, he never again had “even the slightest consent to the things of the flesh…” Without indicating the origin of this vision, he simply noted its fruits and the fact that, in the straightforward way it was written, it has never been put in doubt.

Saint Ignatius of Loyola

Taken from the saint’s autobiography that he wrote after nine months of convalescence, beginning in March 1522 in Manresa, near the Benedictine monastery of Montserrat (Spain, diocese of Barcelona), following a war wound.

Autobiography : A Pilgrim’s Journe

Quoted in Dictionnaire des Apparitions de l’Abbé Laurentin, Fayard 2007

Read more on mariedenazareth.com:

St Ignatius Loyola, Founder of the Jesuits (1491-1556)

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

2 Likes

Dear hazcompat,

Thanks much for posting the image of Mary and Baby Jesus on this Feast of St. Ignatius of Loyola. I’ve not read his autobiography but have read several times, from different authors, about his conversion.

Certainly, I can appreciate his great love for Mary and the immense effect this had on his soul having seen an image of the Madonna and Child.

May the Jesuits of today look often to their Founder for his intercession that they too may grow in holiness through Mary’s intercession with her Son. May all the priests and people in the Church today look to Mary as Mother of the Church and Mother of our Faith!

1 Like

Dear Stephie,

Thanks again, and “belatedly” since it is now the First Saturday and I intended to reply to you yesterday! I am always grateful to see your “ever-faithful and loving heart” on my posts. As I’ve told you before, you are by God’s Grace a special “encourager” for me. :slight_smile:

Blessings on this First Saturday in August - the Month dedicated to the Immaculate Heart of the Church!

Thanks for posting this Maria. It reminds people that Jesus did not cure every person he came across. In general, the gift of God is not for the faithless.

1 Like

Yes, more and more I see the need for repentance in the world and in my own life. That we must pray, pray pray, and try to stay very close to Jesus. I often see my own lack of faith and trust, and this passage speaks to me. Thank you for posting it.

1 Like

Thanks Dan,

Sometimes, writing on the Forum, it feels as if I’m shouting into a canyon and not hearing even an echo, but I continue to trust that God wants His children LISTEN to His Word, as our Mother Mary listened to everything Jesus Said and did – pondering all in her heart. How can we say we “know Him” if we so seldom Listen to what He says?

Mary our Mother didn’t understand everything at once but she pondered in her heart and learned from God to do the Truth she heard from Him. She continues to tell us all as she told the servants at Cana:

“Do whatever He tells you!”

Please let us pray for one another, for the Church and for all those in most need of God’s Mercy. Thanks again for your reply.

1 Like

Dear Lucy,

Thanks for “seeing” with the eyes of Fatih – for in Baptism we were given Supernatural Faith – in potency. There is a real difference between “Natural Faith” and “Supernatural Faith” which many have never learned. You may be interested in reading an excellent article in “Pastoral and Homiletic Review” on this difference – See: HERE

God has revealed so many times in Scripture as well as most recently in the approved apparitions of Our Blessed Mother at Lourdes and Fatima how necessary it is for us to repent, and to offer Reparation for our sins and the sins of the world. Yet it seems that many Catholics “read words” but pay little attention to what is said, by Jesus or Mary, in Old and/ or New Testaments. Do people think that merely “reading” or " saying words" is all that is required?

Yes we need to pray - but with attention and devotion, As St. Teresa of Avila warned her sisters by telling them: if they did not pray with attention and devotion they may be moving their lips BUT they are NOT praying! Let us ask the Lord earnestly to increase in us the gifts of Supernatural Faith, Hope and above all Charity given at Baptism.

Let us be humble and docile as the little shepherd children at Fatima – praying and making sacrifices for sinners (and yes, we definitely need to include ourselves). It is a great grace to “see” our lack of faith and trust but we need to keep asking God to increase His gifts of grace that we may overcome whatever prevents us from doing His Will with our whole heart.

Please let us pray for one another that we may keep Listening to God’s Word as Mary did that we, like our Mother, by God’s Grace. may always do the Truth we hear from Him as she did on this earth, and as she continues to intercede for us in heaven.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.