he Peace Pulpit: Homilies by Bishop Thomas J. Gumbleton

“So he’s living in denial. He’s living a lie about himself.” Has it ever occured to the bishop that perhaps the homosexual lifestyle is “living in denial” of the dignity imparted by God upon each of us? I think the one living in denial is Bishop Gumbleton. This man needs prayers. May God deliver us from evil.

nationalcatholicreporter.org/peace/pfg100806.htm

Gumbleton is an absolute idiot.

The National Catholic Reporter is a Catholic-in-name-only newspaper that should be avoided like the plague. :whacky:

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, to mark them who make dissensions and offences contrary to the doctrine which you have learned, and avoid them.

Bishop Gumbleton needs our prayers. Lots and lots of them. :gopray2:

The National Catholic Reporter is a Catholic-in-name-only newspaper that should be avoided like the plague. :whacky:

ROM. 16:17 - Now I beseech you, brethren, to mark them who make dissensions and offences contrary to the doctrine which you have learned, and avoid them.

Bishop Gumbleton needs our prayers. Lots and lots of them. :gopray2:

[quote=]As a gay man he was forced to live in what we call a “closet.” So he’s living in denial. He’s living a lie about himself. Not revealing who he really is. And no one can do that without suffering great harm to who you are and making it impossible to have deep, intimate relationships. That’s a tragedy. And so certainly in our society this is one of the other barriers we have to break down – the fact that people who are gay or lesbian cannot openly be who they are. We force them to lie, to deny their reality, and that’s very wrong, and of course it prevents them from becoming genuinely friends because we have to be honest and open and vulnerable in order to be a friend, and to allow ourselves to receive friends into our lives.%between%
[/quote]

Could Gumbleton’s rationale be any more ridiculous. Gays cannot openly be gay, therefore, they are forced into this other kind of behavior? Gays cannot openly have intimate relationships with those of the same sex, therefore, they get involved in sending explicit and inappropriate messages to minors. And this garbage from a bishop? Oh yeah… it’s Gumbleton.

Hey, I have an idea. Society should allow sexual activity with minors to be morally licit also. After all, we don’t want to force people with sexual attractions to minors “into the closet” either. Come on, let’s not force them to deny being able to openly live who they are? This is what would be acceptable if we follow Gumbleton’s reasoning to its logical conclusion.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.