He shall show you the things that are to come

To whom is Jesus speaking? St. John of Revelation, the apostles, or to any disciple of Jesus Christ?

But when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will teach you all truth. For he shall not speak of himself; but what things soever he shall hear, he shall speak; and the things that are to come, he shall shew you. John 16:13

=JMJ91;10802687]To whom is Jesus speaking? St. John of Revelation, the apostles, or to any disciple of Jesus Christ?

**But when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will teach you all truth. For he shall not speak of himself; but what things soever he shall hear, he shall speak; and the things that are to come, he shall shew you./**B] John 16:13

Specifically; precisely and EXCLUSIVELY the Apostles. Even though their is a lesser relevance to all; all of the time; a issue of GRACE.

Parts of Mt. 10:1-8 “And having called his twelve disciples together, he gave them power over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of diseases, and all manner of infirmities. [2]** And the names of the twelve apostles are these:** The first, Simon who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother,… These twelve Jesus sent: commanding them, saying: Go ye not into the way of the Gentiles, … And going, preach, saying: The kingdom of heaven is at hand. [8] Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out devils: freely have you received, freely give.”

Mt. 16:15-19 and THE KEYS to Peter
Mt. 18:18 extended to all of the Apostles THROUGH Peter

Jn.14:16-17 & 20:21-22 “And I will ask the Father, and he shall give you another Paraclete, that he may abide with you for ever. The spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, nor knoweth him: but you shall know him; because he shall abide with you, and shall be in you”. & " He said therefore to them again: Peace be to you. As the Father hath sent me, I also send you./COLOR] When he had said this, he breathed on them; and he said to them: Receive ye the Holy Ghost.

Mk.16:14-15 & Mt. 28:19-20 “**At length he appeared to the eleven as they were at table: and he upbraided them with their incredulity and hardness of heart, because they did not believe them who had seen him after he was risen again. And he said to them: ** "Go ye into the whole world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” & " Going therefore, teach ye all nations; baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and behold I am with you all days, even to the consummation of the world."

God Bless you,

Pat /PJM

Don’t you believe that the Holy Spirit is indwelling in you since your baptism?

Jesus is speaking to the 12 apostles at the Last Supper.
John devotes a large section of his gospel to the Last Supper. It accounts for 5 full chapters – Chapter 13 through Chapter 17. All of the words of Our Lord recorded in those chapters were spoken only to the apostles.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.