Head of Vatican commission says contraception is ‘intrinsically wrong"

see http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/news/2018/07/19/head-of-vatican-commission-says-contraception-is-intrinsically-wrong/

There had been speculation that Mgr Gilfredo Marengo’s commission would challenge Church teaching.

The Vatican study commission was to look into the Papal encyclical “Humanae Vitae” that forbade the use of contraceptives.

However, the head of Vatican commission says contraception is ‘intrinsically wrong’

1 Like

I didn’t realise there was any doubt on the subject in Catholic circles. I don’t get out enough…

2 Likes

Apparently, neither do I :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Being indefectible, the Church is not without various attacks - it’s just that we know the victory is already won. And, Pope Francis is elevating many to the Cardinalate from nations that are very conservative socially - so this bodes well for the future.

Over 2,000 years, far, far worse attacks have been mounted and all ultimately failed.

1 Like

There hss been Catholic opposition to contraception even from the advisory counsel to inform the Pope before he wrote the encyclical.

Indeed, a LOT of Catholics seem to have problems with the ‘Obedience of Faith’. They will have to answer to the Almighty :grimacing:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.