Heading to seminary, financial barriers

I am a 23 year old man. I have been discerning a priesthood (Missionary) vocation for quite a while. Now, I am decided to enter seminary. Admission is guaranteed.
My problem is: I live with my parents since we are very recent immigrants, we join together to pay the rent. My mother is arthritic and has a seasonal job. My younger brother, who is in high school, also works and contribute to our common survival. I pay the 1/3 of the rent.
First of all, my parents are very upset about the fact that I want to be a priest. Secondly, the whole rent issue is making it worse. If leave, they will be able to make it, although it will be tougher. I am all decided that i wanna follow Jesus.
Can anybody show me some supports?

Hail Mary full of grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary Mother of God
Pray for us sinners now
And at the hour of our death.
Amen

Talk to Your Priest. He should be able to help in some way!!

My prayers for you!!

[quote="Maria_Kolbe, post:1, topic:311583"]
I am a 23 year old man. I have been discerning a priesthood (Missionary) vocation for quite a while. Now, I am decided to enter seminary. Admission is guaranteed.
My problem is: I live with my parents since we are very recent immigrants, we join together to pay the rent. My mother is arthritic and has a seasonal job. My younger brother, who is in high school, also works and contribute to our common survival. I pay the 1/3 of the rent.
First of all, my parents are very upset about the fact that I want to be a priest. Secondly, the whole rent issue is making it worse. If leave, they will be able to make it, although it will be tougher. I am all decided that i wanna follow Jesus.
Can anybody show me some supports?

[/quote]

[quote="St_Hilary, post:4, topic:311583"]

[/quote]

Yes, if your family really need your financiAL support, than I would say to stay with them.

Having been a former seminarian, I kkknow if you join a religious Order, you pay nothing for your education as the Order is responsible AFTER YOUR NOOVITIATE.

Fatyher, will also ask if you are needeed at home.

Pray to the Holy Spirit.

God bless you if you need more info, write me a personal email.

You may be able to share your story with the Knights of Columbus or other Catholic businessmen/professionals who would be willing to support you and your family in this journey.

God bless,

Fr. Scott, AVI

You are in my prayers. God bless you, and your family.

Ask from the Knights of Columbus, your local parish/diocese, and maybe ask if you could get a loan/grant/scholarship from the seminary...

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.