Healing Service

I’m interested in what happens at a healing service. My church has one every Monday night, and I’m interested in attending, but I also am afraid/nervous. If I go do I have to tell them why I am there? I’m reluctant to share my health issues with people at my church because I am highly involved in activities and liturgy at the church.

No one has ever asked me what my health issues were at a healing Mass. Some people do volunteer to say, but if asked you could always say you prefer that to be private.

Sometimes physical healings occur, and at other times one feels blessed in that they are given spiritual insights in how to conduct themselves in certain situations of their life.

[quote="SweetPea423, post:1, topic:296108"]
I'm interested in what happens at a healing service. My church has one every Monday night, and I'm interested in attending, but I also am afraid/nervous. If I go do I have to tell them why I am there? I'm reluctant to share my health issues with people at my church because I am highly involved in activities and liturgy at the church.

[/quote]

Based on my experiences, a Healing Mass is not that much different from how Mass is usually conducted. You don't have to tell anybody why you're there unless you want to. The priest gets to talk longer than he usually has time for and he gives good spiritual advice as to how we should conduct our lives. There are physical healings but most of the healing really takes place in our souls.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.