Healings abound amid record Catholic charismatic crowd. --article from a Catholic newspaper

see https://bccatholic.ca/content/healings-abound-amid-record-charismatic-crowd

This event was sponsored by the Catholic archdiocese of Vancouver, Canada. The archbishop of Vancouver celebrated the concluding mass.

3 Likes

The Catholic Charismatic Movement reminds me too much of Pentecostalism.

2 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with a Pentecostal style approach to Catholic doctrine.
Those who don’t like it do not have to take part.

1 Like

I don’t. I went to Life in the Spirit and the speaking in tongues kind of freaked me out a little bit.

1 Like

It reminds me of what Jesus and the 12 Apostles did in the four gospels and the Book of Acts. Its great to see the Spirit of Christ manifested amongst Charismatic Catholic!

Seek Christ with all your heart and anybody can receive the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

3 Likes

Some of these posts remind me too much of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Then you have no idea what blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is.

To my knowledge, all the posters in this thread are currently still alive in the flesh… So they haven’t yet commited the unpardonable sin.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.