Health and Discernment

The title basically explains it. Your prayers are desperately need. Thank you all.

Ave Maria… Ave Maria. . . Ave Maria. . .

Ancient Prayer to St. Joseph

O St. Joseph whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the Throne of God, I place in you all my interests and desires. O St. Joseph do assist me by your powerful intercession and obtain for me from your Divine Son all spiritual blessings through Jesus Christ, Our Lord; so that having engaged here below your Heavenly power I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most Loving of Fathers. O St. Joseph, I never weary of contemplating you and Jesus asleep in your arms. I dare not approach you while He reposes near your heart. Press him in my name and kiss His fine Head for me, and ask Him to return the kiss when I draw my dying breath. St. Joseph, Patron of departing souls, pray for us.

Brother Xavier, I will keep you in all my prayers and Masses, and I ask my cousin, Blessed Mary MacKillop to pray for you.
Love, Trishie

Praying from today's Liturgy of the Hours:

Psalm 62 (63)
Thirsting for God

They will walk with me, dressed in white robes as they deserve, says the Lord.

O God, you are my God, I watch for you from the dawn.
My soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you.
I came to your sanctuary,
as one in a parched and waterless land,
so that I could see your might and your glory.
My lips will praise you, for your mercy is better than life itself.

Thus I will bless you throughout my life,
and raise my hands in prayer to your name;
my soul will be filled as if by rich food,
and my mouth will sing your praises and rejoice.
I will remember you as I lie in bed,
I will think of you in the morning,
for you have been my helper,
and I will take joy in the protection of your wings.

My soul clings to you; your right hand raises me up.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

They will walk with me, dressed in white robes as they deserve, says the Lord.

Praying for you Brother Xavier …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Jesus if You call Xavier to serve You and Your people in Religious or Priestly service, please give him the necessary guidance. Let Your will be fulfilled abundantly in his life, whatever You desire.
Please grant him the health and strength to fully live Your love.

Thank You, Jesus

Lord, please bless Brother Xavier with health and discernment. May the Holy Spirit enlighten his mind, consume his heart and heal his body so he can be well enough to do whatever it is our Lord is asking of him. Blessed Mary, Queen and Holy Mother of us all, look tenderly on your son and intercede to Jesus on his behalf; asking Him to enlighten and guide Brother Xavier and to give him strength, healing and perseverence in seeking and doing His will. Thank you Lord (and Mary) for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Father in heaven, Jesus our Saviour, and Holy Spirit our Counselor please grant Xavier health and discernment.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.