Health intention

Asking the Lord to preserve DH, myself and our 2 little ones in health. DH and I were both written up in the last month or so for delinquent absences - DH is very often unwell and I have simply been missing due to my children’s health.

I am literally petrified of getting the stomach flu this season - we all had it this past summer. I thought that once you had it in one season, you were immuned the rest of the season - come to find out from a co-worker that she had it twice within 6 weeks. Both of our children had brief stomach problems this weekend, but I don’t think it was the flu - they didn’t act sick all weekend and continued to eat. DH had experienced nausea for about a week not too long ago (but didn’t actually fall ill) and I have been pretty queasy myself lately (cycles are in check, thank you). I tend to be anxious/tense about things, in this case, getting sick.

DH and I are both on short leashes w/ our employers, so fear for employment plays into this as well. Please dear God, preserve us in health and wellness and protect us from injury and illness at this time.

Thank you all. JLC

Lord please preserve the health of this whole family.
Please give security to the family employments.

Dear Heavely Father,
Please protect JLC and her family from all infections. Keep them healthy and strong. I ask this through the intercession of Your Son, Jesus and his Blessed mother Mary. In Your name,
Amen.

Praying for you JLC for continued good health for you and your family. Take Care…

Well, I got bit by the bug. Praise God that He’s given me a surprising peace about it. I was feeling pretty aweful yesterday, but it passed. Just as I was taking comfort that the ill feelings had passed, the ‘fun’ really began. Again, thankfully it was after the babies were in bed as DH was working late. Please God, give me a speedy recovery and continue to protect my family (and our sitter’s) health. DH and the kids and I have all had at least some moderate nausea and I’m praying that this is the worst of it.

Haven’t been able to talk to my boss yet about what my consequences will be and I don’t have any PTO to make up for today’s lost hours of work. Praying for a peaceful resolution.

Thank you all,
JLC

May the Lord keep you well and take care of all your needs. Praying for your intention.:signofcross:

Please continue to pray for me. I’m here at work feeling horrible and nausous, but if I can just get my 4 hours in, today won’t count as an occurrance (BTW I am 2 absences shy of termination - cannot miss between now and the end of July).

Please pray that the Lord send His Holy Spirit to fill my weakness w/ His strength and endurance. In a couple of hours, everyone else will go home and I will have some peace and quiet here at the office - as most people know, when you’re not well, you don’t really feel like being around people. Esp where I work w/ ill patients coming and going to see the dr.

I feel esp that I need to stick this out for my DH who struggles w/ constant illness and he is esp concerned for my job (esp w/ all the layoffs yesterday). Please continue to pray.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Our Lord who can do wonders,
Keep this family safe and healthy.

I pray for their intentions
Lord have Mercy
Christ have Mercy
Amen

Please pray for us once more. My sitter called this morning to say that she got bit by the bug last night and she’s been up all night w/ vomitting and diarrhea. She had a mild case of it about a week ago, same time as the rest of us.

Praise God my mommy friend from church came thru on her offer to take the boys today so I don’t have to miss work. And DS likes playing w/ her little girls about his age, so he’s among friends.

Please, Dear God, be w/ my poor sitter today and help her to get the rest she needs and give her speedy recovery. Also, please continue to preserve us in health and protect DH, myself and our boys from illness, as well as my friend’s family (and the other family who goes to our sitter). Since sitter started last night, I’ve heard you’re contagious for 24 hrs before and after your first and last symptoms.

I was sobbing this morning after I called my friend and she agreed to take the boys. I’m feeling really weak right now, like I’m not ready for another hit like this so soon after the last time. Just tired and one of those mornings where I wish once again that I could just be a SAHM. Also, DH complained today that the staph infections on his legs are getting worse (he has several right now and we thought the StaphAseptic was helping to keep them from progressing, but not so). I just feel like I can’t take anymore!

Please pray for the Lord to give me the strength I need to endure.

Storming heaven with prayers for your family, JLC.

Thank you all, please continue to pray. Here again working thru the nausea. Praise God for the thoughtfulness of my former supervisor who noticed the water and crackers on my desk and offered her apologies for my illness (or maybe having to work thru it). If she was still my supervisor, I would not be in the position I am. Lord, again, sustain me for just a few more hours until I get my 4 hrs in and I can go home and rest. Praise God I still have a job!

Praying for you and your family to be healthy.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen

I pray to Our Lord for you and your family. I pray to the Blessed Virgin and all the saints to intervene for you.
Dear Lord hear our prayers for this family. Give them health and peace.:byzsoc:

Dear God please provide health and comfort to this family, protect thier employment and provide job sdecurity in this time of anxiety for them and all who are worried about thier health and jobs, in Christ’s name we pray amen.

Please pray for DH who is suffering nausea and diarrhea once again - this marks 3 times in one month!!! Ask God to strengthen and heal him. May God grant DH the grace to desire a prayer life to help him and our family thru these difficult times. Praise God that despite feeling unwell, DH ‘manned’ the kids last night so I could get to work on picking up the slack on DH’s household duties while he’s ill.

It is stressful for our family being sick so often, being that there are 4 of us, there always seems to be SOMEONE who’s ill. DS (1yo) is finishing up antibiotics for a staph infection on his belly. DH went to the Dr. Monday and started on antibiotics for several staph infections on his legs.

Please God, heal our family, protect us from injury and illness and preserve us in good health. Help us in the good times not be lax, but to serve you and one another with all our hearts, minds and with all our strength (i.e., to make the most of the times when we are well). Thanks be to God for all of our many blessing, there are so many who are far more ill and suffering much greater than we are.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Father, I ask You to bless this family. Keep them safe and healthy. Show them a new revelation of Your love and power.
Holy Spirit, I ask You to minister to their spirit at this very moment. Where there is pain, give them Your peace and mercy. Where there is self-doubt, release a renewed confidence through Your grace. Where there is need, I ask you to fulfill their needs.
Bless their homes, finances, their goings and their comings. In Jesus’ precious name.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.