Health Provider Conscience Protection - PLEASE ACT

nytimes.com/2008/09/19/opinion/19clinton.html?_r=2&em&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

Blocking Care for Women

By HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON and CECILE RICHARDS
Published: September 18, 2008

LAST month, the Bush administration launched the latest salvo in its eight-year campaign to undermine women’s rights and women’s health by placing ideology ahead of science: a proposed rule from the Department of Health and Human Services that would govern family planning. It would require that any health care entity that receives federal financing — whether it’s a physician in private practice, a hospital or a state government — certify in writing that none of its employees are required to assist in any way with medical services they find objectionable. …]

The piece is incredibly biased (of course) but the important thing is that they’re accepting comments from the public and there is a massive pro-abortion campaign against it. They need to hear positive comments from us. Particularly if you are involved in health care (like me), PLEASE SPEAK OUT (but really, anyone should). I received this info from a medical school classmate who was trying to get the entire 4 classes to speak out against the law.

The 30 day comment period ends September 25th (Thursday).
Send your thoughts to: consciencecomment@hhs.gov
The subject line should read: “Provider Conscience Regulation”

Oh! My fiance found a less liberal link with less biased information. It’s the original press release on the regulation.

hhs.gov/news/press/2008pres/08/20080821a.html

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.